cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet FTTP trial customer up until last month, told I was always on ADSL...

Rustyy117

Plusnet FTTP trial customer up until last month, told I was always on ADSL...

Hi,

Up until the 24/09/20 I was a FTTP customer, I cancelled as I thought I was moving home but unfortunately that fell through, I called plusnet today to ask how much it would cost to return and what the time frame would be, thinking it would be nice and simple, just switch it back on.

However I was told that I've never been a FTTP trial customer even though I know my speeds were 75 down and 20 up as I used to check every now and then on speedtest.net. I've attached a photo of the hardware openreach installed.

If someone could look into this please, my username is Rustyy117, thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Plusnet FTTP trial customer up until last month, told I was always on ADSL...

@Rustyy117 

This thread may be moved to the Fibre-to-the-Premise Board.

PlusNet support know little if anything about FTTP or the Trial so it's not surprising they think you've never had FTTP. You need one of the few support staff on here who's been trained on FTTP to answer (not looking at anyone @Gandalf  (again!!!)).

If your service has actually been cancelled then there's a good chance PlusNet will be unable to re-instate FTTP. The bodges used to provision the service no longer work.

Brian

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Plusnet FTTP trial customer up until last month, told I was always on ADSL...

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to FTTP Trial.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Rustyy117

Thanks for the reply Brian,

Ok I understand that I'd need someone who's been trained on FTTP but I'd still expect plusnet support staff to be able to recognise an FTTP customer when they've been providing the service to me, or atleast the contract to me 😅

Yeah not sure on the ins and outs of reinstating a service, nothing at my end has changed physically but no idea what plusnet would have to do at theirs, it would be a shame if it can't be continued as technically the service was excellent, never dropped and speeds were always consistent. Hopefully Gandalf will let me pass...

Oh and thanks to the mod for moving this to the correct sub.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Rustyy117 Sorry for the confusion, I can confirm we did provide FTTP to you.

I'm afraid that as we closed our FTTP trial some time ago if you choose to leave the trial by closing your account, we can't get you back onto the trial. Moreover this is largely due to system limitations as our signup process for a new account doesn't recognise FTTP as a fibre product as it's not a service we offer outside of the trial.

Also we can't reactivate an existing closed account as no bills will ever generate on it again as the billing side of things is terminated in the billing engine, due to system limitations again we can't bring that back.

Unfortunately it looks like you'll have to find another provider if you're wanting your FTTP service re-instated. Keep an eye out on our website though as we may offer FTTP as a full product in the future, when that may be I can't say.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Rustyy117 

Thought it would be the case that PlusNet couldn't re-connect due to their systems.

At least you have a wider choice of FTTP ISP now than earlier this year!!!

Brian

Rustyy117

Thanks for all your help so far guys, it is a shame as I was happy with the service but that's life.

I'm looking to take out an FTTP package with another provider, they have said that the port is still active on my ONT and therefore it would take 10-12 days to migrate over to them, their tech said if the port wasn't active they could just switch me over in 24 hours...

Can plusnet do their admin side of things and deactivate the port for me please?

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Really sorry to see your FTTP wasn't ceased when your account was closed.

I can see you've since spoken with us and we've placed a cease order. Unfortunately there's a 5 working day lead time with Openreach to cease an FTTP service and (frustratingly) that can't be sped up in any way (I've tried in the past).

Which means that it'll cease on 28/10/20 before midnight. If your new provider checks back the day after, in theory they should be able to get you back up and running by Friday next week.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience we've caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Rustyy117

Yes, the line should've been deactivated when my account was closed, trying to convey this to seemingly any member of staff in any department was like talking to a wall, conversations went like this

*Security checks....*

ME: Hi, I'm an ex plusnet FTTP trial customer (I've already lost them at this point), I can see that my line is still active as the green light is showing next to port1 on my ONT (optical network terminal), please can you deactivate my line as I'm moving to another provider.

SupportGuy1: Which light on the router? OR We don't offer a FTTP service sir.... THEN, please hold one moment whilst I consult with my colleague *HOLD MUSIC*

SupportGuy1: Hey SupportGuy2 got this customer on the phone talking about an FTTP line, something to do with a port on an ONT, got any ideas?

SupportGuy2: Nah dunno, just put him through to provisions.

SupportGuy1: Your the best!

SupportGuy1: Hi, thanks for holding, I've spoken with my colleague who has informed me that provisions will be able to resolve this issue for you, bare with me whilst I transfer you

ME: *Head hits the desk*

This must of happened atleast 10 times yesterday in the course of about 2 hours of being on the phone with plusnet (including call backs from management). At one stage I was advised to contact openreach myself to get this sorted, I found out the hard way that openreach only deal with providers, not customers, plusnet support should know this. It's not my job to get the line deactivated ready for another provider, it's plusnets job.

And now you're telling me it'll take 5 days! despite the fact I have a support ticket reply from a member of management stating 24 hours, this is abysmal service full of contradictions, confusion and misinformation.

A Service (even if it is a trial) shouldn't be offered to customers if support staff aren't trained on it, they should atleast know what it is, even tech support didn't know about it and didn't know about this very forum!

If management read this, train your poor staff appropriately.

So yeah, now I'm stuck tethering 4g from my phone on my week off, brilliant..

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Rustyy117 

I'm really sorry for the experience you've had. Unfortunately there appears to be a knowledge gap with the advisers you've spoken with so we'll make sure feedback's passed on. 

I've added a reply onto the support ticket via your account Here with more information which I hope helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet