MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Phone Line:

Sorry guys, I've been on annual leave.
Stick to these T's and C's only:
http://community.plus.net/fttp_terms/
This means that WLR is not necessary. I was pretty certain because we've had an influx of these daft blocks of flats that are FTTP only, with no copper whatsoever.
I will generate a ticket on the accounts of the concerned people in this thread, and ask them if they want the phone removing. All you need to do is respond, and I'll get it done.
Quote from: Oldjim
I am very doubtful whether it would even be a good idea if they did as it would imply that FTTP is generally available

This is because of resource. There is only a handful of us in the company that I have taught to provision the service (in a customer facing role).
Quote from: georgelnx
Sorry but the standard T&C's are part of the extended T&C's for the FTTP trail. I did check before posting.

Did somebody advise you of this at all, or is it on the Plusnet website?
Apologies for the confusion, I'll get something communicated out to the CSC for those that have been told incorrectly.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@buntrob - I'm still waiting for a confirmed move date from you. Keep me posted Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

unfortunately the trial T&C state
Throughout your trial period, these FTTP Terms will apply in addition to the standard Plusnet Terms and Conditions that apply to your usual broadband service (“Usual Plusnet Service”). This means that your use of the FTTP service is also subject to the terms and conditions of your Usual Plusnet Service, except to the extent that they are amended by these FTTP Terms. In particular, this includes:
Hence the confusion
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for this Jim.
I'm speaking with compliance about getting this updated on the next release.
tomxlisa
Grafter

How do you go about changing to the 80Mb package that is available on the FTTP trial?.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Apologies, I missed that question.
I'll get this sorted for you now.
tomxlisa
Grafter

Thanks, i have also responded to your ticket. Smiley
tigercook
Dabbler

Hi Matty, please can you raise a ticket for me? I do not need my landline, thanks Neil
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

After discussions with MattyC via the support ticket system, I decided to have my phone line ceased.
It looks like the phone line has ceased today (or coincidently there is a problem as we cannot make/receive this afternoon) and the FTTP link is still up and running. Now looking forward to the next bill in 12 days time.
Thank you MattyC for your hard work in this area.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries. Smiley
@tigercook - Your case is a little different with a business account. I'll ask around and see if we can do it with you as well.

Right, it can be done with Biz accounts. However the contracts are a bit different so you'd need to speak with Biz Cot. In honesty, your package is working out cheaper now with your dual play discounts than the standalone fibre product so it may be best to stay put.
Matty
tigercook
Dabbler

thanks Matty, think i will cease the copper line after my discount lapses, thanks for your help
UKenGB
Grafter

Resurrecting this as our switch to FTTP (from lousy ADSL) is imminent, but I am not entirely clear about the phone line situation and could do with some confirmation.
I realise that one could just use one's own VOIP accounts over the fibre data connection, but it is possible for the fibre to also carry a main telephone link is it not. That's why there are 2 telephone sockets on the ONT. However, I was under the impression that this is not yet possible, but this discussion indicates the phone line can be ceased. Does that mean it IS possible to have the main household number run just over the fibre? Is it possible to do this and simply use one of the sockets on the ONT for this?
I want to keep (and use) the main household number, but would prefer to ditch the copper cable strung to my house. Can I now do this?
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@UKenGB
Plusnet do not support land line phones via the FTTP connection or FVA (Fibre Voice Access).
BT Retail do though although the cost is very similar to having copper land line rental and Infinity broadband.
On Plusnet FTTP you can cease your copper phone line as I have done. I now use VOIP via a ATA and didn't mind losing my old phone number.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
UKenGB
Grafter

I guess my next question has to be, when will PlusNet support FVA?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately there's nothing planned for us to start providing or even trialling FVA at the moment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet