cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent daily FTTP service outages Milton Keynes?

andypearson
Grafter

Persistent daily FTTP service outages Milton Keynes?

I have been getting persistent FTTP service outages this past week in Milton Keynes (see attached error message). Last night I had no service for around 4-5 hours. Any reason for this? Anyone else experiencing the same issues?
Thanks
Andy
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Persistent daily FTTP service outages Milton Keynes?

Note - duplicate post without the image removed
AndyH
Grafter

Last time I had a disconnect was back around 22 June at midnight (must have been a BT maintenance disconnect).
What times are you getting no service? Is the ONT PON light off when you get no service?
*Edit: Just seen the pic - I think you need to raise a fault with PN. Something seems wrong there!
digitalfixer
Grafter

Hi, some of the family have told me they were occasionally getting a similar screen, (for some reason I never got it).  However, I changed my DNS settings on the router to specify the Plusnet DNS servers rather than use the ones provided automatically and they have not complained about problems since.  Might be worth a try?

I used the following DNS server addresses:
Preferred DNS server: 212.159.13.49
Alternate DNS server: 212.159.13.50
Gary
andypearson
Grafter

Many thanks Gary - good advice - I will give that a go. Fortunately, I have been ok for the past week or so (since I posted about my problem!) but this has been a sporradic problem that tends to come back after a while...
Andy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

If that happens again I'd definitely try changing the DNS settings as digitalfixer suggests. Failing that do post again and we'll do our best to help out.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team