cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People actually getting top speeds - what routers are you using?

v70ben
Grafter

Re: People actually getting top speeds - what routers are you using?

I'm getting

Using the bog standard Netgear 40/2 router supplied originally - so it looks like it's up to the task.
I've also got a zyxel (Which was a complete dog imho) - but also have a technicolor 582 to trial as well, but I'm going to configure it purely as a wifi router at the moment due to the problems with the borked profiles - I don't fancy messing about too much with disconnects etc at the moment.
When I'm happy it's fully stable I'll give it a full whirl.
flack
Dabbler

Zyxel router, they have just sorted profile out, after issues with the regrade, is looking very good   Smiley
72+ downstream and 10+ upstream
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1930603536.png
willm888
Dabbler

I'm also using the standard Netgear WNR1000 that was supplied on the 40/2 package (after trying a Buffalo WHR-54HP which I discovered isn't up to more than 41-42Mbps wired).  Pretty pleased with this although I can't test the wireless capability other than with an old iPhone (not 802n)
Extremely pleased with the results...
CircuitW1zard

I started using the Technicolor TG582n and my wireless connectivity has improved. I have now seen a peak of 65Mbps. On the Netgear I was never getting more than 42Mbps. My router is downstairs in the kitchen and my PC is upstairs at the back of the house. About 5 - 6 metres as the crow flys.
Direct connection to the router sees 76Mbps.