cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On FTTP Trial but Plusnet seem to have stopped billing me..

FIXED
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: On FTTP Trial but Plusnet seem to have stopped billing me..

@Gandalf @OllieC This is totally unbelievable! You should be getting the OP's account back up ASAP without any fees, through no fault of his own you have disabled the account because of your useless billing system, then you expect him to pay to sign up for a new ADSL account and then change it to FTTP, you cannot be serious. I would not be surprised if he gives up with PlusNet altogether after such a fiasco, you are certainly not doing anyone proud.Angry

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @RealAleMadrid

Thanks for your comment on this and I do agree with you regarding any costs when creating the new account.

@PreGP I would say that in the order process there may be charges that are unavoidable when creating the new account however all of this will be refunded. Any phone orders that are placed will be cancelled by ourselves as they will not be required for the FTTP service. If you would like us to arrange a call back to discuss options we will be happy to arrange this with our Customer Options team for you. 

Kind Regards

PreGP
Rising Star

@Warwick 

I've decided to give PlusNet one more chance..

I've applied online for a new ADSL account with a new account name, a new direct debit instruction and paid the initial setup costs of £81.98 by card.

I'll PM you my new account name so that the setup costs can be refunded and I'd be grateful if you can cancel the phone orders and engineer line installation arrangements (currently booked for 25th July) and set up my new account with FTTP as before. Once its set up I'll presumably have to change the login on my router to reflect my new account name.

Hopefully this will now all proceed smoothly...….Thumbs_Up

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @PreGP 

I've activated your account now, having a bit of difficulty converting it to fibre though I suspect that's because it was only signed up today however you should be able to connect still with your new username and password.

I've also requested a cheque to be sent to cover the initial fee you've paid (Due to a system limitation we're currently unable to process refunds back to a credit/debit card). You should receive the cheque within 14 days. No phone orders have been placed with Openreach and I'll remove the phone component from your account after I've changed it to fibre. 

Let us know how it goes once you've reconfigured your router.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PreGP
Rising Star

Thanks for sorting out things so quickly @Gandalf I can confirm I'm now logged with the router reconfigured to my new account name and so far things seem to be working smoothly. Download speed is currently 66Mbps and Upload 4.5Mbps (both a bit slower than before but I understand that speed my improve a bit over the next few days). I'll now wait to see if I start being billed correctly Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

No problem and I'm glad to see you're back up and running.

Sorry again for the issues, as you've got a new account you shouldn't be affected by the issue like your previous account was. It looks like that account hadn't migrated to the billing engine so we would've had to setup a new account regardless however I'm disappointed to see how advisers have handled this so I'll be sure to arrange for feedback to be passed on.

With regards to your speeds these shouldn't have been affected at all as your service has been active with our suppliers entire time. All your account basically does is bill you and allow a connection through.

Having said that I've managed to change your account type to fibre extra now, could you reboot your router letting us know how your speed look afterwards? There's always a possibility that the account profile which was set at ADSL(21mbps) may have impacted on your fibre speeds although I'd doubt that as your speeds are way above 21mbps.

If you're still seeing slower than usual speeds are you testing over a wireless or wired connection?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PreGP
Rising Star

Speeds have improved to 72bmps down and 7.4bmps up this morning over a wired connection. It seems my wife was watching something on Netflix in 4K last night when I first tested it.....Roll_eyes

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Haha glad to see your speeds are still normal Thumbs_Up

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@PreGP 

Your download speed seems quite low - you should be able to achieve around 20 Mb/s, probably slightly more than that.

Try this speed-tester which usually gives good results.

http://speedtest2.aa.net.uk/

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@PreGP 

Oops ...  Embarrassed Embarrassed

The previous post should have said Upload speed not Download  Embarrassed

Couldn't change the previous post as the permitted edit time had elapsed when I noticed it.