cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On FTTP Trial but Plusnet seem to have stopped billing me..

FIXED
PreGP
Rising Star

On FTTP Trial but Plusnet seem to have stopped billing me..

Not that I'm really complaining but I see Plusnet haven't billed me or taken a direct debit from my account since early August. Not sure what's happening here but I did get an email from customer services claiming I was leaving Plusnet last month which I responded to by phoning customer services to assure them I was not leaving and this was a mistake. They accepted this (eventually) and confirmed I was staying on the FTTP trial with unlimited fibre extra package without a line rental and I should continue to be billed at £23.49 a month which is what comes up on the webpage "my account - summary".

I am still getting my broadband service at about 75Mbps on FTTP and whilst I suppose it is just possible that I have been put on an unadvertised "complimentary package", I suspect that is probably not the case.... I'd rather not start accumulating unpaid bills.

24 REPLIES 24
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: On FTTP Trial but Plusnet seem to have stopped billing me..

Looks like another "New Billing System" error to me, they will probably sort it out but not very quickly.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

But as it's to their advantage to sort it, maybe it'll be done quicker than the many other problems the billing system has caused. Roll_eyes

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @PreGP

Thanks for getting in touch regarding your invoices and I am sorry for any confusion.

I understand your concerns about the potential of accumulating unpaid invoices and have passed this to our billing department to investigate for you. You can view progress on this ticket on your account here

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

PreGP
Rising Star

It has now been over 10 weeks and no progress on this at all. Still showing as an active ticket on my account but no updates and no sign that Plusnet are sorting this out. Still not been billed at all since August although FTTP is still active. You'd think they'd want my money......Maybe this is a Christmas present from Santa? Smiley

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I've checked this for you and it looks like the issue affecting your account is still on-going I'm afraid.

While the support ticket isn't being up dated as often as I'd like to see, the ticket is sat in our billing team's workflow to monitor, and the problem will be in hand with a back-end team for further investigation.

Apologies for the delay in sorting this out for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PreGP
Rising Star

It is getting a bit ridiculous now. Still no billing from Plusnet. I am now 6 months in without any resolution on what should on the surface of it be a simple billing issue. No feedback from the Plusnet support staff on what is going on apart from Gandalf's reply on this forum. I am a bit at a loss to know what to do.....

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I think that as their super new billing system is so screwed up they should waive all charges until they can sort the billing problems out. What are the chances of PlusNet agreeing to that.Wink

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @PreGP

Thanks for getting back in touch and I am really sorry that this issue is still ongoing, I understand how frustrating this is for you.

I can advise that as soon as there is an update you will be informed by our Billing Department directly on the support ticket relating to the issue.

I am so sorry for the delay in resolving this for you.

PreGP
Rising Star

Well, after 10 months of not being billed by Plusnet (despite my direct debit still being active), yesterday I got an email from PN customer services telling me they were sorry I had decided to leave (I had not requested to leave at all) and my service was going to be stopped on 21st June 2019 (the same day). This morning I logged onto my Plusnet account to find out it had been closed and advising me to ring customer services if I had nor requested the closure.

There then followed a very frustrating few hours where you ring up get told there is a 15 minute wait and listen to musak for 15 minutes after which you get cut off....This happened three times in succession!!

I finally got through to customer services who looked onto my account and said he couldn't understand why the account had been closed as there was no record of anyone requesting the closure! He then told me I would have to open a new account with plus net from scratch (!!) and he was transferring me to another department who could sort it out...more musak for a further 10 minutes then of course the line goes dead..

I'm not sure I've ever received worse customer service from any company I've ever dealt with..(and that includes BSkyB who kept me on the phone for 90 minutes while I tried to tell them I just wanted to leave their service).

I can only assume my account has been closed because of lack of payment but its a bit hard to pay for bills that you don't receive or pay a company that doesn't want to take money from their direct debit arrangement.

Can anyone help me?

At this stage I am looking at leaving the Plusnet FTTP trail (even though it hasn't cost me anything in 10 months) and going to BT as Plusnet seem to be a company in meltdown......

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @PreGP

I'm really sorry to hear that your account was erroneously ceased and for the calls dropping when attempting to make contact.

If this has occurred you would need to sign up to a new account with ourselves but with FTTP it is quicker for the reactivation so we could have you set up within a few days. 

However, you would need to speak to our Sales/Customer Options team to have this set up for you as no other department can deal with this. I'm really sorry that we can't assist further from the forum but please keep us posted on how you choose to proceed. We are however able to request a callback for yourself if you can please PM your preferred contact number? 

Customer Options: 0800 013 2632

Sales: 0800 432 0080

8am - 8pm Monday to Friday  
9am - 7pm Saturday  
9am - 6pm Sunday  

Again, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Kind Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@PreGP I'm sorry to read that we've closed your account in error. 

Just in addition to my colleagues response as a heads up, to create a new account our signup process doesn't recognise FTTP availability, so if there's no FTTC product showing Here you'd need to sign up on an ADSL account (either online or over the phone), however once the account is created we will then be able to activate it then change it to a fibre account.

To reactivate a FTTP service assuming if it has been ceased on the Openreach systems, it should take just 1 working day.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PreGP
Rising Star

Hmm - you're right Gandalf there's no FTTC service at my address just FTTP and ADSL.

I stopped my line rental a year or so ago and just have telephone services through VOIP with FTTP although the physical copper line to my property is still there and unused. If I have to open a new account with a ADSL product initially will that mean I have to take out a new line rental? My FTTP service hasn't actually stopped yet - it seems it's just the "account" that's closed. This all seems rather unnecessary to correct a Plusnet admin error.

PreGP
Rising Star

…...And having looked at the process of opening a new account online it seems I have to pay an upfront £59.99 for a (unnecessary) line installation and activation as well as £18.99 per month for the new (unnecessary) copper line rental just to get my new plusnet account up and running after which I can then cancel my line rental and go back to FTTP which doesn't need the phone line at all - or have I got that wrong?

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @PreGP 

I'm really sorry that this has happened and the process we have in place to get you set back up requires a new account and sign up fees.

I have checked over your service and it is still active but your account isn't. If you would like a call back to discuss options, please let us know and we will arrange this with our Customer Options team for you. 

Kind Regards