cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off topic but on topic. They are now finally starting to plan to plonk fibre in my area

krusty
Rising Star

Off topic but on topic. They are now finally starting to plan to plonk fibre in my area

Finally seening pon roadworks near me, and that starts at the end of this month, isn't that just typical. The flip side is that my 12 month contract with pn finishes.

The only two things for me is how easy it will be to go from fttc to fttp and how will i have to wait for pn to get their full fat fibre products.

9 REPLIES 9
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Off topic but on topic. They are now finally starting to plan to plonk fibre in my area

@krusty

I assume that you've already checked that FTTP is planned for your property.

Just because works are planned doesn't mean FTTP will be available quickly. It was this time last year that it was announced that my area was getting FTTP and work had already begun. I was lucky in that I could order 8 - 10 weeks later. However, 2 streets (out of 10) still haven't been brought online.

Sod's law dictates that if you jump ship PlusNet will announce commercial products the same week you get your install from another provider done!!!

Brian

krusty
Rising Star

Re: Off topic but on topic. They are now finally starting to plan to plonk fibre in my area

Yes thats the fun bit, we aren't sure

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-To-The-Premises-trial/Waiting-for-fttp/m-p/1537730#M14307

No real update since then basically. I'm gonna annoy i mean politely ask the OR guys if they know more when they start work. They are only cleaning ducts later this month so i may not find out any more.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @krusty 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - but our FTTP trial has now come to an end  

I hope that does not cause you too much inconvenience 

Thanks 

krusty
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply, i did know that the 7 year old trial is finally coming to an end. Hence the thread. I had hoped that i could go on the trial but obviously with that now closed I won't be. But putting my business hat on, i'd be surprised and shocked not to see Plusnet Ultrafast products appearing.

I suspect we will see

Plusnet Ultrafast fibre 80,150,300

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krusty wrote:

I suspect we will see

Plusnet Ultrafast fibre 80,150,300

150, 300 We live in hope, I for one would be a customer.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Ultrafast fibre 80,150,300 

@krusty  @Anonymous

Not forgetting that 1000Mbps is also waiting in the wings - DSL checker results for my line ...

Address2.png

Smiley

krusty
Rising Star

Very few will offer the 500mbits and 1gbits offering.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@krusty

For the time being, maybe, but those speeds will almost certainly be utilised at some point down the line.  Smiley 

krusty
Rising Star

Quite, most people i think would struggle to continually max out a 150mbits connection. Upload is again the issue with Gpon, Xpon reduces that issue