Did you mean: 

No Internet connection on FTTP trial

FIXED
hmarshy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

No Internet connection on FTTP trial

Hello

I have had no Internet connection since Thursday. I have rebooted the ONT and router several times and they appear to be working OK. All green lights.
This may be a coincidence but a company called CityFibre installed their new network outside my house on Thursday.
Please can you investigate and advise. I am on the Bradwell Common exchange in Milton Keynes.
Also I cannot login to Plusnet, so I don't know if this is related. I changed my password 4 times this week, even trying the same password that I use for the forum, but none of them let me login.
Thanks
Howard
16 REPLIES 16
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: No Internet connection on FTTP trial

@hmarshy 

If you have green lights on the ONT then it suggests your internet connection is working.

Looks like you're having a problem logging in - either with your PlusNet id or your password. Other than there are two possible PlusNet addresses (after username@....... ) I can't offer any more help.

Brian

hmarshy
Rising Star

Thanks Brian, that's why I thought the inability to sign in was worth mentioning, however I was able to use the Internet after not being able to login to my Plusnet account on the website.
Regards
Howard
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your post @hmarshy

We've looked into this for you and we can see that your router is trying to connect with an incorrect password which is why you can't get online.

As your account password and broadband password are both the same thing I'd recommend resetting your password by going here and then updating the password in your router to the new one.

Let us know how you get on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hmarshy
Rising Star

Hello
I can't get it to work, it doesn't recognise my username or mobile number.
I got my username from the router which has never been modified, is that the correct one?
Regards
Howard
hmarshy
Rising Star

Is it possible to email me my username?

I have tried many combinations but nothing is recognised.
Regards
Howard
hmarshy
Rising Star

Is my account locked? Is that why I can't change my password?
Through my lack of understanding I tried to change my password 4 times last week.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@hmarshy wrote:
... I thought the inability to sign in was worth mentioning, however I was able to use the Internet after not being able to login to my Plusnet account on the website.

@hmarshy 

That may have been because you were already connected to the Internet when you changed your password and presumably the ongoing session will have been maintained until the connection dropped, whereby upon the next re-connection attempt the system would require your new password to be sent by the router.  If you hadn't changed it in the router the connection attempt would fail.

I'm not sure if things are still the same but ISTR several years ago that changing your password sometimes involved waiting for the various items to synchronise with the new password.  In other words you could change the password on the PN Portal but at that time it might not take effect straight away for your Internet connection, but things may have changed nowadays.

hmarshy
Rising Star

Thanks Rob, if I could change my password again I would but when I enter my username it doesn't recognise it therefore I can't change my password.
I just need someone from Plusnet to confirm if my account is locked and unlock it.
Regards
Howard
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@hmarshy 

Presumably you realise the format of your username is different for the two places (login to the portal and Internet connection)?

Portal username = accountname

Internet username = accountname@plusdsl.net  (or accountname@plus.net for some older accounts like mine)

hmarshy
Rising Star

Yes I am aware of my username and how it works through router after reading the help information when logged into the router. My confusion arose because my username is not recognised by Plusnet so I can't change my password.
All I want to do is change my password but I can't because I believe my account has been locked.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @hmarshy 

I'm sorry to see you're still unable to connect to the internet.

I can confirm your account isn't locked (That's actually not something we'd be able to do) and there are no issues I can see that would stop you from logging into your account. We add the username for your account at the top of any email we'd send you, do you have any of the monthly billing emails still to refer to?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hmarshy
Rising Star

Hello Anoush,
Yes I have just entered the username from one of my invoice emails on the password reset tool and after pressing the reset button ijust get an error message which states,
Sorry your mobile number or username and email details don't match what we've got. Please try again.
I have tried it with my email address as well, same error.
I guess the reason I ended up doing 4 password changes because none of them worked.
Could it be related to the product that I am on which is a very old one?
Regards
Howard
hmarshy
Rising Star

Hello Anoush
I have successfully changed my password at work.
I can only assume it wasn't working because I was using Chrome on my mobile phone. I have no alternative way to access the Internet.
When I get home later the first thing I will do is update the password on the router.
I'll let you know how I get on.
Regards
Howard
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Howard

Based on what you've said I'm pretty sure you're using the forgot password tool for a mobile account Here instead of the tool for the broadband account Here but I'm glad to see you've managed to reset your password now.

Let us know how you get on when you're home.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet