Grafter

Re: New customer questions

Any news?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I've just called our suppliers and they've advised me that the external work is due to complete tomorrow.

From there, we'll be able to advise when the internal work will take place at your property.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FakeJake
Grafter

hello,

there does not appear to have been any external work done today, has that been put back?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

There aren't any further updates on the wholesale systems. We'll need to call our suppliers for more information, unfortunately their FTTP team only work normal office hours. I'll follow up on Monday for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FakeJake
Grafter

thank you Smiley

FakeJake
Grafter

openreach are here, ill let you know how it goes

FakeJake
Grafter

Installation and tests done, ONT installed and ready (the internal fibre work had already been completed from previous install)

I guess all thats left is to enable it all? Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fantastic Grin I'd expect the order to complete and the service to activate shortly. My colleague @HarryB should be able to check on this tomorrow. If we're not able to, we'll follow up on Monday.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FakeJake
Grafter

Great stuff. 

The ONT's PON light is flashing, I think this means it hasn't been made active on the network yet. If you need anything from me like the serial number of the ONT in order to activate it, let me know.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@FakeJake wrote:

Installation and tests done, ONT installed and ready

Sounds good to say the last update on the order simply states the order had gone to a survey to assess capacity for the service.

Having said this, I'm afraid the order is still showing as issued and hasn't even been assigned a committed completion date yet.

We'll need to contact our suppliers for an update (And possibly a bit of a helping hand, pushing the order along manually) however this will unfortunately have to wait until Monday as I don't believe we'll be able to get through to the relevant department on a Sunday (I'll let you know if I can get an update sooner though)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
FakeJake
Grafter

Thanks, I do understand the lack of movement on Sunday, after all, I'm off work, I can't expect everyone else to be in work can I? Cheesy

the job was a bit unorthodox since the internal work had been done already, but the ONT was missing, as was the fibre TO the house. The Openreach engineers reckoned that at some point, the fibre to my house was switched to next door as we share a conduit. Suffice to say they did a proper job so that both houses now have their own fibre. 

I was was a bit cheeky and asked them for an ONT since it was the only piece of the puzzle that was missing, and it seemed a waste of time for another engineer to come to the house to literally just plug one in to the already present internal fibre feed. They agreed, and so here we are, with everything physically ready to go, it's just the systems need to be updated (I think)

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Sounds like you have tried to bypass the installation process, lets hope HarryB can get the order progressed correctly. BT's ordering systems can be rather awkward to deal with when the normal procedure is disrupted. Hope it goes well for you.Smiley

FakeJake
Grafter

Fingers crossed! If not, I can always wait for the 2nd engineer to turn up, do nothing, and then leave, if the normal process has to be followed. 

Itd just be a waste of his time though Cheesy

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I've discussed your order with our suppliers and provided an update via the ticket on your account for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
FakeJake
Grafter

Thanks Smiley