Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build with FTTP

FIXED
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: New build with FTTP

Don't forget to chase OpenReach via their Help section relating to New Builds.

If you're in the mood (and in the area) you could go door knocking on those who have already moved in and see what they've been told about FTTP or indeed if they've somehow got a service.

Brian

tangocharlie
Dabbler

Much thanks Brian. Have followed your link to new build at openreach & completed their enquiry form. Let’s see what reply I get (within 2 days).
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@HarryB wrote:

https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode brings up a completely different address in a completely different area of the country for the postcode in question.
https://www.royalmail.com/business/find-a-postcode brings up the road name for the postcode, but then selecting this road says "We can't find any matched for -postcode-"

Undecided

Just in case it wasn't confusing enough, the address does now show up on the links previously mentioned.

As discussed, I've spoke to a few colleagues and have been provided with another form that may help. Following our call I got notification advising of a response within 72 hours, so I'll hopefully have some more news on Monday.

I've escalated the ticket on your account back to myself and will keep you updated as soon as I've received more information from our suppliers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tangocharlie
Dabbler

I am so grateful for all the tips from these forum members. Gold star Harry is providing excellent customer service to me, for which earns plusnet an excellent service. Just to let you fttp experts know, I will visit the house site today & ask new owners how & if they are connected. For the record, the house builder thought I was speaking double Dutch when I mentioned FTTP!
bmc
Hero

Speak to the on-site sales staff to see what they know. If it's "nothing" then they need to get their act together.

If you can get access to your new house see if the Optical Network Terminator (ONT) has been installed. Without that you won't get anywhere!!!

Brian

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@bmc wrote:

If you can get access to your new house see if the Optical Network Terminator (ONT) has been installed.

@tangocharlie - If there is an ONT in the property already, please could you try and get me the serial number off of it and let me know what it is either via PM on the forums or by responding to the ticket on your account regarding this.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tangocharlie
Dabbler

Thank you both posters who suggested a look for the line box. A quick visit did not allow a chance to see the property internally due to site access during a busy building day. I will check the line box location & serial number either Friday or Saturday & report back. Again thank you for the informed help in this matter. Also the small batch of existing movers were all out to work so I could not quiz them on connectivity in their homes. I will report back with serial number if available in a day or so.
tangocharlie
Dabbler

Some good news to report following @bmc & @HarryB encouragement to site visit. There is now an ONT installed with following lights lit, PON, POWER, STATUS & CHARGING. The ONT model is Echolife HG8110H-20. I will reply to HarryB direct to his ticket with the unit serial number. I think this is progress.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for that @tangocharlie.

I've responded via the ticket advising of the response I received over the weekend.

It looks like we're still in the same situation of just waiting for availability to show on DSLchecker and the ordering system, however we have at least received confirmation that it will be available at some point and the response also sounded promising for it not being too much more of a wait for this Thumbs_Up

Thanks for your patience.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tangocharlie
Dabbler

@HarryB this is very good news. Can any of the posters tell me what lights I should be looking for in the ONT? The unit is an Echolife HG8110H-20 GPON. So far lit are: PON, POWER & STATUS & CHARGING.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As it happens, DSLchecker is actually now showing WBC FTTP availability.

Admittedly I didn't check this earlier as it seemed far too soon based off of the lead time I'd been advised of.

It sounds like the relevant light might already be on. I'll see if I can get an order placed and be back in touch.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@tangocharlie, It's looking positive to get an order placed.

Before I do, I'll just need you to confirm some details via the ticket on your account, I'll then get the order placed as soon as possible for your requested move date.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bmc
Hero

@tangocharlie

If you want technical information on the ONT go to the following site. You'll need to click through to the Manufacture's Guide.

https://www.ournetwork.openreach.co.uk/news/new-equipment-for-installing-ultrafast-broadband-in-newl...

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Ron.

I come bearing good news. (Picking this up whilst Harry is on annual leave)

Your FTTP order has completed, though we're not seeing a connection coming through.

I'm assuming you've not fully moved in yet? I know how many boxes there can be when moving house...

Let us know if you have any issues.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tangocharlie
Dabbler

FTTP success in new build home via plusnet router connection to ONT. Excellent team work from posters to this fine forum & plusnet fttp staff. Could any one on the fttp route point me to land line phone use? The ONT carries a phone port yet I only have a fibre broadband connection & no line rental.