Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Users/Members on the trial?

ecomergy
Rising Star

New Users/Members on the trial?

Hi,
I have a friend of mine that would like to have fibre broadband and have recommended him PlusNet as I have been with you guys for over 15 years... Like me, he is in an FTTP area. Unlike me, he is not an existing PlusNet user.
It seems there is no direct way for a new user to join the 'trial' for FTTP, so my question is this. If I get him to sign up for a standard ADSL account (which will get him about 3MB speed), once activated, can I get him to immediately switch to the FTTP trial? The pages state that it won't affect his current contract which would only be a few days old at that point. Is this the best way forward?
Thanks
25 REPLIES 25
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: New Users/Members on the trial?

Quote from: ecomergy
If I get him to sign up for a standard ADSL account (which will get him about 3MB speed), once activated, can I get him to immediately switch to the FTTP trial? The pages state that it won't affect his current contract which would only be a few days old at that point. Is this the best way forward?

Yep. In these circumstances, I prefer them to migrate over with ADSL, and then regrade once he has a Plusnet asset. Just a bit weary of the potential delays in provision.
Feel free to PM me once your mate has signed up  Cool
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Thanks. I'll get him signed up tomorrow. I guess he just needs to choose a basic package (ADSL), wait for it to be activated and then log an FTTP request via the trial site? He'll probably not even use the ADSL offering but if it gets him fibre, he'll be happy.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sounds good to me.
Make sure he doesn't pay the £5.99 for the router if he's not going to use the service. Smiley
ecomergy
Rising Star

Hopefully signing him up today. Is it easy enough online to NOT take the router? Not gone all the way through the order process yet but it seems it is added by default....
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Should be easy enough. Worst case scenario, I'll cancel the dispatch and refund the £5.99  Smiley
benfranklin
Grafter

Quote from: ecomergy
Hopefully signing him up today. Is it easy enough online to NOT take the router? Not gone all the way through the order process yet but it seems it is added by default....

I had no problem removing the router when placing my recent FTTC order, it's just one tickbox to untick.
ecomergy
Rising Star

Cheers guys.
He's coming over this evening so I can sort it then. He's not got any internet at the moment!
ecomergy
Rising Star

MattyC,
New member now signed up. I've pm'd you his username
Thanks
ecomergy
Rising Star

Hi MattyC,
Friend has been live on ADSL for  week or two now, and the FTTP 'ticket' came off hold Tuesday, but there has been no further updates. Any chance you could chase up?
Thanks
ecomergy
Rising Star

Hi MattyC,
I'm hoping you can help. My friend (username newcaprica) is still waiting for his FTTP. He says the question came off hold for the second time on the 8th and was expecting an update but he's still heard nothing. There are no ducts etc as the lines are overhead on poles so any further information would be appreciated.
Thanks
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Apologies for my absence, I've picked up your friend's account and updated his ticket. Looks like we're waiting for a pole to be installed.
Matty
ecomergy
Rising Star

Thanks for that - seems to have worked... A new pole was installed today outside his house  Smiley
ecomergy
Rising Star

Hi MattyC,
Could you chase up my mates ticket for me? It came off hold on Friday and the pole has been installed but he's heard nothing. He's beginning to get somewhat disillusioned now as it's been three months since he placed the order. Know it's due to it being a trial etc but anything you can do to move the process along would be appreciated. Cheers. (his username = newcaprica) Mark
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Leave this with me, I'll make sure the ticket is updated at some point today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet