Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FTTP Trial sign-up

rmburnley
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

New FTTP Trial sign-up

Hi,

Just signed up for the FTTP trial via the online form (I'm an existing ADSL customer). I think everything went through ok but wanted to check if there was anything else I needed to fill in / provide in the meantime? It didn't ask for much on the form that's all!

Many thanks,

Rich

3 REPLIES 3
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: New FTTP Trial sign-up

Because it's a trial there's not much in the way of support - this forum really.

Keep an eye on "View my Questions" on your PlusNet members page - a PlusNet FTTP bod will respond there to confirm your eligibility and that you agree to the Terms & Conditions. Hopefully they'll respond on here too.

The order will then be placed and you'll be given a date which you confirm. Does the DSL checker say "1 stage" or "2 stage" - one visit or two. http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Brian

rmburnley
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi Brian,

It's reading as 2 Stage on the checker:Check Results.png

Does that add any complexity to the process?

All the best,
Rich

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

It means two visits not one.

On the first visit they run fibre from the Distribution point to a box they install on the outside of your house. On the second visit they then bring the fibre inside and install an Optical Network Terminator (ONT). It's the "old" style of install. With the new style they run a single cable which is pre-connected at one end which just plugs into the Distribution Point.

I believe there is at least one week between visits - they need to confirm the first stage has been completed before they book the second.

Brian