Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Connection slow speed

FIXED
TobyWiddows

New Connection slow speed

Hi,

I started my trial last week, and for one whole afternoon i got the awesome speed of 73mb downloads.

The following and everyday since, i have been limited to 20mb down.  The upspeed is fine.

I have raised a ticket, but nothing seems to be happening, although i'm sure it is.

8 REPLIES 8
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: New Connection slow speed

What does the Plusnet Line Speed show at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed

My guess is that it says 20Mb, give or take a small amount. As the upload speed is at full speed and the download limited, this is the usual cause 99% of the time.

If so then just jump onto Chat or phone and ask them to increase the Plusnet Line Speed. Once you have verified by the link above that the speed is now in the right area, log onto the router, click "Disconnect" , wait a minute and then click "Connect"

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

For some reason the speed profile on the account reverted back to an ADSL profile.

I've put that back so you should have your speeds back (Might have disconnect/reconnect) and I'm looking in to why this happened.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
TobyWiddows

Thanks back up to speed now Smiley

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear it Smiley

I've ceased the ADSL asset now (Forgot to do this initially when upgrading the account to FTTP) as it's possible the speed profile updated after receiving delta reports for the ADSL asset. Hopefully that should stop this happening again moving forward.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
xoiiox

Hi HarryB,

I think it's safe to say the same thing has happened to me. My install was yesterday and I'm not able to go above 19mb. Would you mind please, looking into it for me? 

Thank you. 🙂

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Looks like we just need to update your package following the completion of the order.

This is a manual process with FTTP, but leave this with me and I'll make sure it's updated shortly for you Smiley

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
xoiiox

Crikey! That was fast. Thank you Harry. I really appreciate the effort. 
We are up to the right speed now. Thank you. 🙂

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries. Glad to hear it's working well on your side of things now Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet