cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ADSL customer and FTTP has just become available

leehowarth
Grafter

New ADSL customer and FTTP has just become available

I posted a couple of weeks ago as I had just signed up for ADSL and telephone with Plusnet and noticed BT were installing FTTP in my street.

I was given the impression on another website that the time from BT installation to the product actually be available could well be some time.

Well in typical fashion here I am 2 weeks later and FTTP is now showing available for me.

I am in an 18 month contract  and have requested the trial on the trial page, I spoke to Plusnet on the phone but was told all pricing information was on the trial page. My current deal is £18.99 for line rental and broadband. If I upgrade to 76Mbps what will the cost likely be? Will I have to pay the £19.99 on top of what I currently pay? Is there a way of cancelling just the telephone for a fee?

Any advise is warmly welcomed. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: New ADSL customer and FTTP has just become available

Hi there.

If you upgrade to FTTP we'd cease your ADSL service so you would be paying on top of the line rental you currently pay.

You can cease your phone line which would save you line rental costs but this adds a extra £2.50 onto your broadband package.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
leehowarth
Grafter

Thanks Matthew, so does that mean I'll have to pay £38.98 a month?
What is the cost of cancelling the telephone? I'm happy to stay in contract, just don't fancy paying for a phone I never use if it's not essential.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

If you go for the Fibre Extra package and keep the landline then yes.

With regards to cancelling the landline if you are still in contract this normally is chargeable.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

What is the cost of cancelling the telephone?

I might be wrong but, from here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-price-guide-for-residential-products/#other-charges-price-gu... , the early termination charge for Phone is £8.54/month. So if you add on the £2.50 supplement for Broadband without phone, you would effectively be paying £11.04/month instead of the £18.99 line rental. Albeit I expect you would have to pay the Early Termination charges for the phone in one lump sum.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.