cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear DGND3700v2 Router settings

Hustler
Dabbler

Netgear DGND3700v2 Router settings

I have signed up for the FTTP trial and BT have now completed my external works, with the internal works set for the 29th April. I have received my Plusnet router today, but would prefer to use my Netgear router - DGND3700v2. Can you please confirm that this will be possible and if so the settings which I will need to apply to ensure it works correctly as soon as the engineer has completed his work.
The main reason is that the Netgear router offers a 5G facility and I have set numerous MAC addresses for my various wireless equipment enabling lock down of the wireless facility.
Please advise the necessary settings.
2 REPLIES 2
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Netgear DGND3700v2 Router settings

Hi
Sure, should work fine looking at the specs - you're free to use your own router.
Settings should be straightforward, only need to make sure you choose PPPoE as the WAN Connection Type. Openreach install a fibre optic terminal and you connect to this to your router with an ethernet cable. You'll need two power sockets free (one for the Openreach ONT and one for your router).
cajef
Grafter

Re: Netgear DGND3700v2 Router settings

I was using a Netgear DGND 3700v2 on ADSL2 then changed to FTTP nearly a year ago, just ran the set up wizard again and it set itself up and has been rock steady fibre 75/20 connection ever since.