cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My FTTC speed has dramically reduced

robomilo

My FTTC speed has dramically reduced

Hi,
When this got installed last Wednesday my speed was 37meg but now the speed has reduced to around 3meg.  Any advice please.
Cheers, Rob
3 REPLIES 3
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: My FTTC speed has dramically reduced

Hi Rob,
Speed profile shows fine our side. We've seen a few cases where the speed hasn't increased immediately but not so many where the speed was high to start then suddenly dropped.
Best thing to do is reboot both the BT modem and your router and retry the speedtests. If it's still slow then run the BT Speedtest at www.speedtester.bt.com and if that shows a slow speed it will ask you to run a further test which will be run on the BT network. That should help to determine where the cause of the speed issue is.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
robomilo

Ok thanks Dave, Turned off the router (was sceptical at first!) for 10mins and now we're back to 37meg.  Will I have to do this all the time now?
Cheers mate
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hopefully not, I've only seen issues like that (where it gets resolved with a reboot) in the first 10 days. I've seen some where it stays slow because of another problem such as exchange side contention but the odd one or two seem to get slow speeds in the first few days. I have a theory why but can't prove anything as whatever problem it is goes away.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology