cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to new house with FTTC

Pete_T
Dabbler

Moving to new house with FTTC

I'm currently on the FTTP trial (which has been great) but will be moving to new house with FTTC in a few weeks. I called Plusnet moving home team to talk through the process today and was pleased to find out that everything can be sorted on the same day as a line takeover.

What didn't impress me however was the price rise from £15.99 pm (FTTP no phone line) to £23.99 pm (FTTC with phone line I don't want).

When I mentioned the current upgrade page price of £11.00 per month being quoted when I'm logged into my account (see below), I was told that this was a mistake and did not include line rental. This is despite the option chosen being 'Broadband & Phone'

Plusnet Upgrade Page.jpg

When I haggled I was told they could take the 99 pence off. Wow, thanks for that. 

As a comparison, BT currently have a £29.99 pm 18 month contract for 36mb Superfast Essential Fibre, with £140 cashback plus £179 worth of tech, which works out at £12.26 pm. Can any Plusnet staff get me close to that kind of monthly equivalent or even keep me at the same price?Huh

6 REPLIES 6
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Moving to new house with FTTC

Hi @Pete_T

I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to match that offer I'm afraid.

As FTTP was a trial and you are moving premises you would require both line rental and FTTC.

We waive any installation and admin fees as part of your Home Move (£49.99 +) and get you set up with a new contract but the prices are slightly higher so that you are not paying the £65 admin moving fee and keeping your existing contract as well as paying a potential £49.99 for install if required.

If you are in contract and do not wish to continue with ourselves but are moving home then early termination fees would be applicable. By recontracting via home move deal most customers are better off overall as all the fees are waived which would have to be paid upfront.

Kind Regards

Pete_T
Dabbler

Thanks for the swift response. I'm out of contract but have been more than happy with the service in the last year. Such a shame that you can't do anything better than you'd offer a new customer. Cry

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thank you for your time on the phone @Pete_T

I'm really sorry that we are unable to offer the pricing you would have liked.

If there is anything else we may assist you with please feel free to get back in touch as we are more than happy to help.

Kind Regards

Pete_T
Dabbler

Thanks for the call Ollie, I appreciate your efforts and advice. Thumbs_Up

Reno
Hooked

Just curious, what's this tech that BT gives you, and do you personnally value it at £179?

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

I managed to ditch by line rental when I went over to FTTP and now use VoIP, but then PN bumped up my broadband charge by a nudge in order to compensate themselves for their loss.

Nice eh.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville