Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to new build with FTTP

FIXED
chefpaddy
Hooked

Moving to new build with FTTP

Hi,

I raised a ticket about joining the FTTP trial when I move to my new build property next month.

I have been told that I wont be able to have it but not understanding why as I have read on the forum of others moving to new builds and being able to switch.

I have been told that the initial kit should already be fitted in the understairs cupboard.

I would be grateful if someone specifically connected with FTTP could clarify the situation before I have to cancel and move to BT

Many thanks

John

7 REPLIES 7
edwh
Rising Star

Re: Moving to new build with FTTP

Is it possible the FTTP network at the new property is not an Openreach one?

Some new estates near me are being provisioned with third party FTTP networks.

Typical one is this: https://www.ifnl.net/availableisps.

Even though they have to interface with OR infrastructure at some point (usually a cabinet at the entrance to the estate) you can only get services from the providers they allow ‘in’ to the network.

https://www.ifnl.net/residentsbusinessesfaq

chefpaddy
Hooked

Thanks for your reply.

The site is definitley using Openreach infrastructure. and this includes the fitting of there kit into the property to the understairs cupboard.

I went up there yesterday to double check with the Sales office just in case. Which caused the sales lady to launch into a BT / openreach rant 🙂  

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Are you a PlusNet broadband customer? If not you will not be able to get FTTP on the Plusnet trial which is not available for new customers. I seem to recall that some broadband customers have been able to move to FTTP at their new address although it is not something that the first line support staff will know or be able to do anything about. Hopefully one of the PlusNet staff who deal with FTTP will respond to your post here.

Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

If you can accept a while with normal ADSL - then sign up for it with Plusnet and then sigbn up for the trial

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

Welcome to the community forums @chefpaddy.

I've had a look over your ticket and I'm a little confused as to why it's been handled the way it has.

Being an existing customer, you're eligible for the trial.

Given that we offer broadband only options, I'm not sure why any one has told you that you can't sign up to the trial as we're unable to provide phone in an FTTP only area, despite the fact you've advised you do not want phone Huh

@chefpaddy wrote:

I have been told that the initial kit should already be fitted in the understairs cupboard.

If there's an existing ONT in the property, there should only be a 1 working day lead time for activation.

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to do this, should you still want to proceed with our FTTP trial at your new address when you move.

-I'll also put words to this affect on your ticket shortly, as confirmation that you can do this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chefpaddy
Hooked

I can't have normal adsl as there is only fttp at the site
chefpaddy
Hooked

Thanks for your reply Harry,

Once we move I'll be in touch to arrange the activation.

Thanks again

John