cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to new build that only has FTTP

marchayden
Hooked

Moving to new build that only has FTTP

I currently have a standard FTTC connection with Plusnet and I am moving house to a new build that only has FTTP. I rang to transfer Plusnet to my new address and was advised Plusnet couldn't offer FTTP. Would this trial be something that I could sign up to and move my current service to my new house with a FTTP connection? I have 7 months of my upfront line rental left and about £100 in cancellation fees that I agreed to before I saw the FTTP trial. I would be very keen to continue with plusnet at my new address and take part in the FTTP trial.

11 REPLIES 11
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Moving to new build that only has FTTP

What does it say when you enter your new address in the DSL Checker?

Could be its not a site available from BT.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Almost certainly Plusnet will accept you onto the trial since it's either that or nothing. There's more information at http://trials.plus.net. You could submit a ticket there to get details onto the record.

When are you expecting to move?

David
marchayden
Hooked

It's a brand new house that isn't on the BT checker yet. It has an Openreach modem installed though. We move on Friday and unfortunately I haven't been able to sort in advance as it all happened last minute and now the developer want us in before Christmas.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to the community forums @marchayden

It's a brand new house that isn't on the BT checker yet. It has an Openreach modem installed though.

We won't be able to place the order with BT Wholesale until WBC FTTP is showing on DSL Checker. And from recent experience with another customer, we can't really speed the process up.

What's the fibre availability looking like for your new address on the Openreach checker here?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
marchayden
Hooked

Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for the reply. I've made the initial signup request through the trial page and had some questions sent by one of your colleagues. I also spoke to BT and they said there is still some work to get FTTP up and running at my new house. The current estimate from openreach is 12th January for being able to place an order. If at all possible I would like to stick with Plusnet so hopefully at that stage I will be able to progress with the trial. 

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

That's good news overall. Hope you soon settle into your new home and the FTTP provisioning schedule goes to plan for you. Smiley

Are you planning to use 4G as a stop gap?

David
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If at all possible I would like to stick with Plusnet so hopefully at that stage I will be able to progress with the trial. 

That should be fine. We'll place the order when we can. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
marchayden
Hooked

Well about 5 weeks on and we've be in the new house about 4 weeks now. Still no internet service but I believe this is an openreach issue as they haven't finished the installation. It's proving very frustrating as nobody can give me any sort of estimates on timescales.

I am just wondering if we will also need a new router once the FTTP connection is active. I have a Plusnet Hub One from my previous FTTC connection but I don't know if this runs different firmware or config to the one provided for FTTP?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm sorry to see you've decided to cancel your account (I'm assuming as a result of the delays).

Understandably as we couldn't provide any timescales. Sadly in these situations we don't have any more information that the details you can find yourself on DSL Checker or the Openreach website.

I believe the property developers might have more information.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
marchayden
Hooked

It turned out Plusnet wouldn't be able to provide FTTP service at my new address so I had to cancel and go with BT according tl my last call to support. It's due to be activated tomorrow so hopefully I'll finally have Internet!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Whilst I’d have liked us to be providing you with FTTP, I’m glad to hear this is almost resolved for you and all the best with your new provider.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet