cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to a new build home already connected to FTTP

Pliny_The_Elder
Hooked

Moving to a new build home already connected to FTTP

I'm moving to a new home which is a new build property that has just been connected up as FTTP by open reach. I have been onto your customer services who have told me that you don't do FTTP, and they no nothing about this trial. I've been told that I can't have FTTP and would have to have regular broadband connected, or if I cancelled my services would lose my line rental saver and have to pay any cancellation fees.

Is it possible to be out onto the FTTP trial when I move or am I stuck with either leaving to take advantage of FTTP via a competitor (ie BT) or having to have the place connected up via copper to retain plusnet service. IT just seems silly to have the place reconnected when there will be a fully functioning FTTP connection - all the equipment is installed already.

3 REPLIES 3
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Moving to a new build home already connected to FTTP

PlusNet only offer FTTP on a trail basis to existing customers. If I've read your post correctly you qualify under this condition.

Because it's a trial PlusNet back office systems are not integrated with the FTTP product and most Help and Support staff know little (if anything) about it.

Support is really only through this forum. From previous posts you may be lucky in getting your service transferred onto FTTP but you'll have to wait for one of the FTTP trained staff to respond to find out.

Brian

Pliny_The_Elder
Hooked

I am an existing customer on the 76Mb fttc product. Hopefully I would be able to qualify as I wouldn't even need the engineer visits - the equipment is already installed by open reach a few days ago. Just provision of service when I move in.

They've installed an Echolife HG8240 GPON Terminal, and looks to be some sort of Ni-MH battery backup device - presumably for when a Phone line is active over fibre so it works during power outage.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

From what you've said here, it should be possible to provide you with FTTP at your new address.

If you can PM me your new address, I'll be happy to take a closer look.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet