cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to a FTTP Home

philm
Dabbler

Moving to a FTTP Home

I've been with PlusNet for many years now on FTTC services, I'm a happy customer so far!

I am soon moving to a new home which only has FTTP, which would be great but I hear you can only get PlusNet FTTP if you have FTTC/ADSL at the premesis first.

As the home has only FTTP (WBC) and no copper line, am I going to have to move to BT Infinity? Or is there a way to stay with PlusNet in a new fttp only home?

Cheers!

5 REPLIES 5
libbyf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Moving to a FTTP Home

I specifically got FTTC at my old flat, about 3 months before moving to my current FTTP house so that I could get Plusnet prices at the new place rather than BT. If you're already a customer then you can move straight to the FTTP at your new place, and pretty much straight away if the equipment is already in place.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@philm - Could you drop me a PM with your username and the details for your new address please. I'll look in to that for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
philm
Dabbler

Thanks guys, fingers crossed then. As a long standing plusnet customer with a fixed IP I'd hate to have to go and join BT.

HarryB, I have dropped you a PM with the details mate, many thanks!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks for the PM @philm.

Unfortunately while dslchecker.bt.com is showing a matched address but unconfirmed availability, we won't be able to do anything (I believe this was the same when libbyf initially contacted us when moving to an FTTP only area)

I'd recommend keeping an eye on the dslchecker, but once it shows WBC FTTP as available, I can certainly take another look and try to get an order in place for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
libbyf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Yer, I had to bug the developer and Openreach to finish the works and get my address updated. Took a bit over a month after I moved in despite the fact it was supposed to be done before I arrived...