cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message for Harry B

Col
Dabbler

Message for Harry B

Harry, I aimed this at you coz you have been so helpful previously! I'm happy with my FTTP and having discontinued the copper. Now I would like my mother's setup switched to FTTP as well. She's next door to me, so on the same exchange etc. Hope you can help, btw, I do all her admin stuff (she's 95!)
30 REPLIES 30
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Message for Harry B

If you make sure she has signed up to the trial at http://trials.plus.net and drop me a PM with the username/reply here with the ticket number, I'll make sure an order gets placed on it when I get in to work  Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just checked the availability for the account and unfortunately it's not showing any FTTP availability Undecided
I'll query this with our suppliers, however it may be down to capacity.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Col
Dabbler

Hi Harry, it's now showing available again, so I've signed up for the trial, will pm you.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Great timing, I'm off work for a week now Grin

@MattyC should hopefully be able to get this picked up for you during the week. 

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I'll go one better and pick it up now. I've placed her order for you. I'll check back on Monday, where hopefully an engineer date will be confirmed.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Col
Dabbler

Excellent! Thanks, boys!

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Looks like this order has gone straight to a desktop survey.

Generally this means that they're trying to find a way of routing your line to the property remotely, without the need to carry out any physical work other than an external appointment. This usually involves working on the already laid infrastructure of the fibre leading to a property.

We've been asked to check back on the 12th. Hope this is ok.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Col
Dabbler

Thanks. That's interesting. The nearest fibre and pole is about 25 metres from the property.

Colin.

Col
Dabbler

Just checked and it comes up as available, can we proceed with the existing order?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to see the FTTP wasn't installed previously and the problems you experienced to then have to be told the service was no longer available.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to re-open the closed ticket, if you'd like to raise a new trial ticket at http://trials.plus.net we should be able to get an order back in place for you.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Col
Dabbler

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have raised the ticket via the link you posted. Hopefully it won't take too long as stage 1 of the external work has been done!

Col
Dabbler

I raised the ticket on Friday, but as yet have received no response.Could you check that it's in hand? Thanks, in anticipation!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'll make sure there's a response on that shortly.

EDIT:

There should be a response on the ticket now Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Col
Dabbler

Thanks for that.

I note that you mention the faster, more expensive contract. I did ask for the Plusnet Unlimited Fibre up to 38Mbps - £14.99 per month.

regards,

Colin.