Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May I join the FTTC tial

LittleOtik
Dabbler

May I join the FTTC tial

Ticket no:36532135
Hi dave. My cabinet just been enabled for FTTC as of today so I would like to join the tial if I may. I have already raised a ticked to join the trial but was just wondering if you could give me the thumbs up to join? As I stated in my ticket any day or time is ok for the enginners visit so will you please book me in for the earliest please?
Thanks dave.
16 REPLIES 16
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: May I join the FTTC tial

Hi,
Placed the order this morning, just waiting on BT to confirm the appointment. Will reply back to the ticket when I get the confirmation.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
LittleOtik
Dabbler

No word of the confirmation from BT yet Dave?  Undecided
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Not yet unfortunately, which is odd as it usually comes back within an hour. I'll try and chase it up for you.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Looks like it's been rejected, I need to wait a couple of days and then I can try again.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
LittleOtik
Dabbler

please tell me Dave it has gone through this time? X  Undecided
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It's in and waiting for the confirmation it's been accepted. I'll reply back to the ticket if/when it is with the new appointment date.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
LittleOtik
Dabbler

Thanks Dave  Smiley
LittleOtik
Dabbler

Hi Dave,
sorry I missed your call. I can confirm that I have recieved the correct router which is the Netgear WNR 1000. Smiley
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for letting me know, appreciated.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
LittleOtik
Dabbler

Hi Dave!
Just thought I would post a quick update. The ADSL checker said I should recieve D/L speeds of around 34.5meg and U/L speeds of around 7.2 meg. Well after a few weeks on the trial my D/L speed is syncing at 25 - 26meg :(, but the U/L speed is usually syncing around 6.5meg so no problem there. Does my line profile need adjusting?
Thank Dave  Smiley
mikeyriot
Grafter

When you say its syncing around 25, do you mean the actual sync rate or your ip profile? If it is the sync rate, try restarting your router+modem to see if it re-syncs any higher. If it doesnt, a profile change will do nothing as 25mg would be your maximum available throughput and more investigation would be needed to determine if theres a problem.
If its just the ip profile and your sync rate is higher (say 34 for example) then you need to wait for the DLM to kick in, check your sync and profile herehttp://speedtester.bt.com/
Check on your account to see what your Plusnet profile is set to, I believe it should be 20000 (means its un-restricted).
Personally I think its likely to be your bras profile(ip profile-set by BT) being restricted by a low sync rate, however I'm new to this so could be wrong!
Someone please correct me if I am wrong!
WWWombat
Grafter

No-one can get the line statistics out of the VDSL2 modem yet, so we can't tell what the sync speed is - except for gleaning the data from the BT installation guys & their tools.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
mikeyriot
Grafter

will the bt tester not tell you the echanges reported sync rate for VDSL? also, slightly off topic, I notice most times I've ran it, it doesnt show me my sync rate or upload stats at all. Is this normal, I'm not really bothered as it doesnt affect service and I'm moving to FTTC very soon, just a little curious.
LittleOtik
Dabbler

Quote from: WWWombat
No-one can get the line statistics out of the VDSL2 modem yet, so we can't tell what the sync speed is - except for gleaning the data from the BT installation guys & their tools.

Well when the BT engineer installed my equipment he did indeed test my line and the results came up as D/L 40 meg and U/L 10 meg. So I should be getting more tham the ADSL checker says im entitle to, but i will settle for it none the less. Please get me sorted Dave! Thanks.