Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May I join the FTTC Trial?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: May I join the FTTC Trial?

Quote from: tangey
I just received a reply to to the ticket I raised (35024149) asking for max premimum to be removed from my account
Unfortunately,  the CS person doesn't seem to have great knowledge of historic products as he's asked me why I want to remove it as it is a "free" add-on.  I tried to add an attachment showing him a screen-cap of my plusnet billing screen, to educate him that its a £7.83 inc vat paid-for add-on, but the attachment facility only allows text files.

I think I'll raise a ticket quoting your ticket number to ask why I'm paying the extra £7.83 if it's supposed to be a free add-on!
Have you got this sorted?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@tangey
Max Premium has been removed and is listed as an uncharged item on your most recent invoice. However, the last invoice covered the period where you were put onto FTTC so I've refunded you the £7.83, it will show in your account in 1-5 working days Smiley
tangey
Grafter

@ben,
Yes, whoever followed-up on the ticket clearly realised that the 1st person was having an off day, and sorted it out.. My subsequent bill email indicated the correct amount.
Thanks for the refund from the previous month, a nice little bonus
Tangey
ericparker

I created a ticket (35180357) a few days ago.
No movement yet .
Any chance someone could give this a push ?
Regards
Eric
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry that your ticket hasn't been looked into yet, Dave's in charge of the fibre trials and is on leave until Monday. I help out but it's not my primary workflow and I haven't had time to place an orders; I'm also waiting for confirmation that our new Netgear routers have been delivered to the warehouse.
You should, however, have a response early next week Smiley
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Does this mean you've scrapped all those rubbish Thomson routers and replaced them with the better Netgears?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

ericparker

Thanks for the update Ben.
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Just put my name down for the FTTC trial Smiley
Interested in what particular router PN are supplying now also.
I was considering buying an Apple Airport Extreme, but will hold off to see what arrives.
I need a couple of LAN Ethernet ports for gear right by the router, plus WIFI for the other Macs and phones.

randpwar
Grafter

FTTC checker today says ‘Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st December 2010. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 24.2Mbps and upstream line speed of 10.9Mbps’ Does this mean that I can join the trial now or do I have to wait until the New Year?
Rob
tomm
Grafter

You will have to wait until the "planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st December 2010" bit has disappeared. Until that has disappeared Plusnet cannot order FTTC for you because the service is not available.
In my case it said 30th June and it became available on 30th June at which point I then raised a ticket requesting to join the trial with Plusnet. If you want to join the trial you need to keep an eye on that and watch for it becoming available before submitting a ticket.
Tom.
randpwar
Grafter

Thanks Tom,
As if New Year’s Eve isn’t exciting enough!
Rob
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: A
Does this mean you've scrapped all those rubbish Thomson routers and replaced them with the better Netgears?

We're not sending out any Thomson routers for the fibre trials and have ordered Netgears in for future orders Smiley
gm4jjj
Rising Star

Ben, I just put my name down for the trial, I also just purchased an Airport Extreme router that I plan to use.  So I will not require a PN router (unless you specifically want me to test one for any reason).
Is Dave back from holiday and ready to process new requests?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Dave is back now but we've got quite a backlog of orders. We're looking to get some of the CSC guys and girls trained up to do the orders so hold fire for now, we'll start going through the backlog asap.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

Thanks Ben, I'm itching to get going as you can imagine. Currently stuck on 3Mb/s ADSL here as I am a long way from exchange, but only 0.5 miles from the new street cabinet.
Ticket #35288688
Edit:
I don't need a PlusNet router either- I have an Airport Extreme router ready for service.
Thanks, just got word that appointment set for install next Tuesday morning  Smiley Smiley