Pogdin
Dabbler

Re: May I join the FTTC Trial?

Thx a lot.

That date and time is fine.

AshleyHinton
Grafter

The modified Thomson router turned up in the post yesterday, along with excellent & clear instructions about what to do with it on the day of install.
Regards,
Ashley

tangey
Grafter

I can also report that the Thompson router arrived with me end of last week, so I am now all ready for BT/Openreach to arrive and do their bit this Friday.
Ian
MKMac68

Re: Fibre Trials

Hi Barry,
I live in Ashland Vale which in within the Bradwell Abbey exchange.  Am I able to be included in your trial?  Current broadband speed in around 512K so it would certainly showcase the benefits!  Grin
Mac
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi Mac,
Your postcode is on the "to be enabled" list for FTTP. There's no date set yet so I can't say when. I'll add your details to my list and will be in touch when it's available.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
tangey
Grafter

Well, My FTTC is up and running today (BT came a bit early, 5 mins at the cabinet and about 15 mins here and job done), ticket number. 34710632
Can't seem to get any useful speedtest as most of them just seems to give an almighty splurge at the end and give a unwieldy large download figure, upload data seems more reliable at 8M or so.
Can you tell me what speed I'm currently connected at, and is there a bedding in period ?
regards and thanks
Ian
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Glad it's all up and running Ian. Unfortunately I can't give you any stats at the moment as the diagnostic system isn't displaying the results.
Try www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk that's our speedtest site or the BT speedtest as they seem to give the most reliable that I've seen.
There is a bedding in period like ADSL of 10 days so you may see a couple of dropouts over the next week but for most that I've seen there's not really been any problems because of it.
Welcome aboard.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
tangey
Grafter

Plusnets speed test site was one of the ones i tried, just tried it again and with the best will in the world I don't think i'm really getting 404420kps download !, upload looks more reasonable at 8217Kbs. it appears it may not have been designed with high speeds in mind.
I tried the BT speedtester at lunch time, and again just now and it said
"The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider."
mrpon

Can the BT engineer relocate my master socket when the FTTC hardware is installed? I'm very interested in the trial and my exchange is enabled in September, I would prefer if possible to use an alternative socket in my house.
imaginax

Hello,
Not sure if this is a breach of protocol or the right thing to do so apologies if I'm stamping in the wrong place but...
Got the leaflet through the door about (*cough*) BT Infinity and was torn because I've loved the service from PlusNet but am fed up of being the butt of all the jokes at work about my wimpy BB speed. Naturally therefore I was over joyed to read about the pilot and logged ticket number 34944811 as I believe I should... have since confused myself though about whether I am supposed to mention that in the forum too?
So if I was supposed to mention it here... I just did. If not, sorry, please walk on, nothing to see here Smiley
Many thanks,
Mike
bluewhale
Rising Star

Quote from: mrpon
Can the BT engineer relocate my master socket when the FTTC hardware is installed?

just had mine done and the engineer kindly moved the master socket to the end of where my internal extension was
guess will depend a little on who you get, mine was very nice and friendly
AshleyHinton
Grafter

Quote from: imaginax
Got the leaflet through the door about (*cough*) BT Infinity...
Mike

The cabinets are enabled in my area now (Openreach/BT are due this coming Monday to install my Plusnet trial) but as yet I've seen no leaflets from BT Broadband advertising their Infinity product.
I wonder if they get the cab engineers to leaflet the area they've just enabled if they've got a few spare minutes Wink
Ashley

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: tangey
with the double-up upstreaming thingy (premium ?) added on

If that's Max Premium and you are paying an extra £7.83 a month that should be removed from your account as you will no longer need to pay extra for the higher upload speed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tangey
Grafter

Quote from: jelv

If that's Max Premium and you are paying an extra £7.83 a month that should be removed from your account as you will no longer need to pay extra for the higher upload speed.

Thanks for that, just put in a ticket to cancel it (it can't be done thru the portal).  I'll be able to put the money saved towards adding some extra bandwidth Smiley

EDIT: Mon 06-sept 10:20
I just received a reply to to the ticket I raised (35024149) asking for max premimum to be removed from my account
Unfortunately,  the CS person doesn't seem to have great knowledge of historic products as he's asked me why I want to remove it as it is a "free" add-on.  I tried to add an attachment showing him a screen-cap of my plusnet billing screen, to educate him that its a £7.83 inc vat paid-for add-on, but the attachment facility only allows text files.
I know per se its nothing to do with the trial, but can someone take a look at the ticket for me ?
Regards
Ian
MKMac68

Thanks Dave - look forward to it!