cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May I join the FTTC Trial?

Danplusnet
Grafter

May I join the FTTC Trial?

As far as I can see BT have now enabled my cabinet.
234 REPLIES 234
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: May I join the FTTC Trial?

Hi,
Yep, looks like it's available. Have a read through the blog we posted this week:
http://community.plus.net/blog/2010/07/20/100mbps-has-arrived-plusnet-begins-fibre-to-the-premises-t...
there's a link in there to raise a ticket and give you links to the FAQs and Ts & Cs. Have a read through those and we'll take it from there for you.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Danplusnet
Grafter

Hi
Ticket raised - ID: 34370487 - it says the ticket pool isn't regularly monitored so thought I would let you know in case it's possible to nudge someone. I have suggested an initial install date that isn't quite two weeks but happens to be a day I already have off just inace it can be done.

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Once your order to turn off interleaving completes, we can then regrade you to FTTC.
Danplusnet
Grafter

HI Ben
Is it possible to cancel the interleaving order and crack on with the FTTC. I can see you have cancelled the ASDL fault ticket already.
It seems pointless waiting to have the interleaving turned off as FTTC doesn't use the interleaving function anyway. I have to be in my home on the 2nd August so it would be a real benefit if an installation could be arranged on that day too.
Kind regards
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your interleaving order has gone too far for me to cancel it, I did try Sad
Danplusnet
Grafter

Okay thanks anyway
If you can try and place the install for the 2nd it would be great. I'll check up on my tickt on the 27th. Have a good evening
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's a seven day lead time regrade so the 5th is the best that we'll be able to do I'm afraid.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I just gave BT a call to see why we couldn't cancel the existing order and they're telling me that it has completed, it's just not showing as such. They're going to try to close the order from their side, after which we will be able to request FTTC for you Smiley
Danplusnet
Grafter

Hi Ben
Well this is a conundrum for you. My line is now definitely showing as fastpath on the router but my ping has actually got worse? On fastpath I used to be consistent 14m/s, with interleaving on it was 22m/s and now its showing as 27m/s. My best guess is that BT have been fiddling with lines round here whilst they have been activating the FTTC and that is why I get these odd disconnections and bad line performance.
Perhaps you can see my frustrations with ADSL2+. If you are able to get the ticket released and get the FTTC booked for 2nd of August it would be most appreciated. (Apologies for going on about the 2nd but I am actually off on holiday and back on the 1st. After then it is difficult to get time off work).
Your efforts are most appreciated.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The order's still not closed off, I'll check on Monday for you. If at all possible, I'll book you in for the 2nd.
Danplusnet
Grafter

Hi Ben.
Hope you had a good weekend. Hopefully that the interleaving order has been cleared now as I am on the fast path and you can now put through the order for FTTC.
Thanks
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not cleared yet Sad
I'll keep checking for you.
Danplusnet
Grafter

Is there anything I can do or someone I can prod / poke to get this moving?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Nope. I already tried to force BTW to close the order off but nothing's changed yet. I'll have a look tomorrow.