cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low upload speeds on FTTP Trial

Moutonfish
Dabbler

Low upload speeds on FTTP Trial

I’ve been on the FTTP trial for a few years now, but only recently discovered that my 36dl/2u weren’t exactly typical speeds - seems most on the trial enjoyed 40/10. Unfortunately going through customer services generally ends up with me being passed around and not much else happening. I’ve now reached the stage where 2mb upload just isn’t sufficient, and coupled with endless billing issues and missing refunds this year, I’m starting to lose my patience with PN - who had been really excellent up till now.

I can’t seem to open tickets on my account any more either. I want to give them another chance at increasing the up speed before I leave after a decade with them (violins playing) - does anyone know how to get in touch with the fttp people?
Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Low upload speeds on FTTP Trial

Hi @Moutonfish,

I've had a look over the account and there are a few different options for proceeding with this. I've responded in more detail Here.

I do apologise for how this has been handled over the previous contacts this year, but if you could drop a reply on the ticket advising which of the options you'd like to proceed with, I'll make sure that's picked up and actioned accordingly as soon as possible for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Moutonfish
Dabbler

Thank you for sorting so much of this out. Our upload speeds are now the promised 20mb! Woo and yay. I’ve noticed our download speeds still seem to be limited to 36mb, however. Any chance you could investigate? Thanks 🙂
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us,

As @HarryB has moved on to a different department I've taken a look into this and it appears that your speeds are being restricted by the previous product's profile. Could you reboot your router as this will drop your connection allowing the new profile to take effect and you should see much higher speeds closer to 80mbps following that.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Moutonfish
Dabbler

Thanks Gandalf. After quite a few reboots it finally accepted it was going to have to work harder! Speeds where they should be.
On a slightly less heartening note, I’ve had another “there’s been a problem with your bill” email.
In the past this has meant they haven’t billed me for a month or so, and then when they do all my credits somehow go missing. (Should be a total credit of £17.03 on there now).
Please could one of your team preempt this so I’m not chasing for the next six months (again)? Thank you again.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Moutonfish thanks for getting back to us. I'm glad to see that your speeds are where they should be now. Thumbs_Up With regards to your account billing, unfortunately it looks like your product change to fibre extra is stuck in the billing engine so we've temporarily suspended the billing on your account while we resolve this to avoid incorrectly charging you.

I've checked the credits and I can see they're stacked up to come off your next generated bill so I'd expect that to happen. Once we've generated your bill if you find that anything is wrong with it for any reason, feel free to post back or send me a PM and we'll be happy to ensure things are corrected.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Moutonfish
Dabbler

Ive finally received my bill, but it appears I’m being charged for line rental. I’ve already prepaid this (June) as a bundle. Please can you advise?
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Moutonfish

Thanks for highlighting this - I've raised a complaint ticket for you here with further details.

Best wishes

Dave