cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low speeds

Moutonfish
Dabbler

Low speeds

Hi again. I’ve found our speeds have been pretty low over the last few weeks, dropping to 6mbps. Please could someone look into this? Router reset.

Thanks
16 REPLIES 16
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Low speeds

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Can you post the info from http://192.168.1.254/helpdesk.htm
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

If the OP really is on FTTP the router will not show any line statistics.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Ooops didn’t even register this was posted in the trial board Sad
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Moutonfish
Dabbler

I am indeed an fttp customer. Do the staff not monitor this forum anymore? Used to be the only way to get fttp support…
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Moutonfish wrote:
... Used to be the only way to get fttp support…

I agree, and AFAIK it still is.

Disappointing.  

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Moutonfish wrote:
I am indeed an fttp customer. Do the staff not monitor this forum anymore? Used to be the only way to get fttp support…

You need somebody like @Gandalf to pick up on this.

Brian

Moutonfish
Dabbler

I get the feeling the old guard have departed for brighter shores. (Check out those mixed metaphors!). Thinking of finally switching to another FTTP provider. There are a few more companies offering it where I live now and PN's prices are no longer competitive. Also LRS?! No idea why they got rid of that. 

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Moutonfish 

The wizard is still about.

PlusNet are rumoured to be launching a commercial FTTP service later this year along with a new router. If you move to BT FTTP then PlusNet may waive any early termination charges

Brian

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @Moutonfish

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your FTTP service. Are these issues ongoing or have you managed to troubleshoot and resolve them?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Moutonfish
Dabbler

Unfortunately I never heard from Plusnet and although the issues did eventually improve, I'm really disappointed. It's been 11 years with Plusnet, but service has steadily gone downhill and now I find I'm paying far more for it than I would be with other providers with no obvious benefit. Such a shame; it's been a good ride for over a decade.

But bye, bye!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Moutonfish 

I'm a little confused? Adam responded to your post on the 22nd August and we hadn't heard from you since. 

I've checked your account and no fault has been raised either. We're happy to continue to help you but we would need you to work with us if we can't find any issues with your FTTP service.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Moutonfish
Dabbler

Thanks Gandalf. Adam did indeed respond... three weeks after my initial post. It used to be immediate, and before that, I used to be able to phone for help. Then it got to the stage where the call centre people had no idea about FTTP... after that, we ended up asking for help here, which seemed to work okay. 

No, you hadn't heard from me because I gave up at that point and started thinking about where to go next. I mean, three weeks to get a response from support...

Now that Plusnet has dispensed with landline bulk orders, and competitive offers aren't available for FTTP, it's no longer a viable option for me. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @Moutonfish 

It wasn't fair to say we never responded though I'm really sorry for the long delay. Sad

We do currently have an issue where posts in the FTTP board aren't coming through in a timely manner to the internal system we use to respond. It's on my radar to discuss with our digital team next week. 

You can still raise a fault online at faults.plus.net or if you have Facebook or Twitter, you can send us a message on there, we're readily available at https://www.facebook.com/plusnet or @plusnet for Twitter.

To my knowledge we haven't stopped providing phone? Not sure though what you mean by bulk landline orders.

Sadly we can't recontract you for a cheaper deal while on FTTP as part of terms & conditions Here.

We may be bringing out a full FTTP product in the not too distant future! Can't say a timescale though. 

Let me know if you'd want any help with your service.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet