Did you mean: 

Line fault / Special Offer

Hobo
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Line fault / Special Offer

@RobPN wrote:

@Hobo wrote:

... I can only assume it is because we are on FTTP.

@Hobo

That's a reasonable assumption, but IMHO technically it's a misleading offer if it appears on our accounts and we can't take it.

Agreed especially as most of us on FTTP have been on it since the trial started and have been paying the full rate for many years, I cannot see any valid reason why we cannot get the discount, in fairness it should be offered to all..

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Its misleading for me because I'm on a fixed price deal with 12 months to run.

Oh, and it's more than I'm currently paying Shocked

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Leave this with me a little longer please to look into.

@maranello, I don't think this is entirely relevant to you as it doesn't look like you're on FTTP. That said, can you PM me the offer you've received?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@Gandalf PM sent

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the private message, and sorry for the delayed response. I'll update this thread tomorrow regarding this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for waiting. I've been doing some digging and I've discussed this with our marketing team. Basically the offers you see in the product change tool are for when you're changing products as opposed to re-contracting on the same product.

We are looking to update the product change journey to make things more clearer, so we've taken this onboard as feedback.

If you want to discuss a new deal assuming you're out of contract or within the last 3 months, I'd recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 or via web-chat Here (selecting the option for thinking of leaving).

I appreciate that this probably isn't the answer that we were hoping for, but I hope it helps clarify things and let me know if anyone has any further questions or needs any assistance. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Gandalf

Thanks for getting back to us on this and I hope you don't take this the wrong way - I'm not intending to shoot the messenger! Smiley

IMO the statement from the marketing team seems flawed, smoke and mirrors methinks to wriggle out of a cockup?

In my case (and I suspect the same for most others on FTTP) I'm not contracted so as the offer is only available to those who agree to contract for 18 months, then surely that amounts to a change?  Plus PN are then assured of 18 months of tie-in for each of us who decide to go for the offer.

I'm seeing this as part of the attempted sign-up journey,

20190208_PNoffer.PNG

Which clearly shows 'Current package' and 'New package' so there is clearly some distinction being made.

I remember being called by PN, maybe about 2 years ago, and being offered a deal, which wasted about half an hour of my time.  During the initial call I tried to explain to the caller that I didn't think it was possible for me to get the deal he was offering as I was on FTTP, but he wouldn't have any of it, and he assured me it was OK.  In the end, after trying to explain to him several times, I gave in and told him to go ahead and put me on a contract at the reduced price.  He did whatever he had to do at his end and told me everything was sorted.

Then about half an hour later a supervisor? called me back to apologise and told me it wasn't possible to change my account.

So why can't the marketing team come clean and tell us that because we're on FTTP we can't accept the offer that has appeared on our accounts?  Do they even know that people are on FTTP?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @RobPN, the issue isn't that you're on FTTP, it's that the product change tool can't be used to recontract on the same package. I've also discussed this with a sales and retentions colleague and I'm afraid that we don't have the same offer as the one you can see online, which means that we can't recontract you for £15.50.

It's just an offer for people for example who want to move from ADSL or Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra, or in the case of the Unlimited Fibre offer, from ADSL to Unlimited Fibre.

I can't see the details of when you tried to recontract previously due to our ticket history records only going back 2 years, but if you have a ticket/question ID still I'd be happy to dig it out and try to figure out what happened.

I've tested the recontract process on your account and it's allowing me to select all the relevant options that's available for FTTC customers, though I can't fully test it without putting it through.

Without seeing the detail regarding the last time you've tried to recontract, I can only assume the update to our billing engine may have changed the way re-contracting works on the back-end.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@Gandalf

Thanks for your reply.

@Gandalf wrote:

I can't see the details of when you tried to recontract previously due to our ticket history records only going back 2 years, but if you have a ticket/question ID still I'd be happy to dig it out and try to figure out what happened.

I've just had a scan of all my old emails from PN, including ticket notifications, and I can't find anything to do with that phone-call.  I can't remember exactly when it was and I don't recall receiving an email referring to a ticket at the time, but thanks for the offer to investigate it.

@Gandalf wrote:

I've tested the recontract process on your account and it's allowing me to select all the relevant options that's available for FTTC customers, though I can't fully test it without putting it through.

Is it possible for you to tell me what price the re-contract process is offering during your testing, and for what length of contract?

I'd be willing to go ahead with a contract if the price is right!

Thanks again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've just had a scan of all my old emails from PN, including ticket notifications, and I can't find anything to do with that phone-call.  I can't remember exactly when it was and I don't recall receiving an email referring to a ticket at the time, but thanks for the offer to investigate it.

Ah fair, no worries.

Is it possible for you to tell me what price the re-contract process is offering during your testing, and for what length of contract? I'd be willing to go ahead with a contract if the price is right!

The re-contracting tool doesn't actually dictate what price we offer, we'd just select the duration and submit the new contract using that. We'd then add discounts on the account to reflect the offer we've made and agreed upon, the offer is based on the deals that are provided to us by our marketing team.

While we'd likely not be able to go as low as £15.50, I'm happy to arrange a call back if you'd like to discuss this with customer options? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@Gandalf wrote:

The re-contracting tool doesn't actually dictate what price we offer, we'd just select the duration and submit the new contract using that. We'd then add discounts on the account to reflect the offer we've made and agreed upon, the offer is based on the deals that are provided to us by our marketing team.

While we'd likely not be able to go as low as £15.50, I'm happy to arrange a call back if you'd like to discuss this with customer options? 

Thanks for that @Gandalf, I'll try and remember to get back to you next week when I know I'll have some definite time available to receive the call.  Smiley

Edit:  Apologies to @ronc45 for hijacking your thread.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet