cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line fault / Special Offer

ronc45
Hooked

Line fault / Special Offer

Hi would have normally have asked this privately but tried chat and then thought it may be better to raise it here and get one of the experts to answer.

In the online portal under change product I am being offered a special deal can I just go for it or will it cause problems as I am on a FTTP only line.

also on same page it shows this error in screen shot is this normal for FTTP as I don't have a copper line.  I called the number but was on hold for too long.

26 REPLIES 26
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Line fault / Special Offer

I was in this position last year when I got a discount offer via email. Almost certainly the system will freak out. It will try to put the order through as FTTC then fail.

Best to get help from PN through the forum. It was @Gandalf who sorted everything for me

Good luck!

BrianG

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @ronc45

Sorry to hear you're unable to take us up on the deal you were offered. Unfortunately it looks like a relatively recent recontract is stuck on your account. This should be progressed once the billing issues are sorted on your account.

Once that's sorted you should be able to change your package though it's unlikely we'd be able to offer you any cheaper deal than what we've already offered I'm afraid.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ronc45
Hooked

Hi Anoush

I haven't tried to re contract with the offer wanted to check here before I did in case it caused problems.  Should I just try it as it looks like a great offer.

Also any advice on the screen shot.

Thanks

Ron

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries Ron, it's likely not to go through because of the pending contract that's stuck on your account. If you're also not within the last 3 months of that contract you'd likely won't be able to recontract anyway I'm afraid.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
beeceegee
Pro

@Gandalf Hi Anoush, just checked my account (9 months into an 18 month contract), and it seems I am being offered  a deal to recontract as well! It's tempting, but I'm mindful of the problems we had last May, which I mentioned above. If I just go ahead and hit the button do you think it will all go through automatically?

As an aside (and I know the topic has been discussed elsewhere) I had almost come to a decision, regrettably, to jump ship come November when my contract ends if there is still no sign of a full retail FTTP offering. However, money talks, and the offer is tempting Undecided

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @beeceegee

To be honest I'm not too sure if it will go through but it may be worth a try if you've received the offer. 

Feel free to let me know if/when you've processed it and we'll be happy to check up on this.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
beeceegee
Pro

@Gandalf wrote:

Hi @beeceegee

To be honest I'm not too sure if it will go through but it may be worth a try if you've received the offer. 

As predicted it failed. Have pm'd the details

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Gandalf

I'm also seeing 'the offer' (but can't see it using IE11 !) as shown below;

20190206_PNoffer1.PNG

20190206_PNoffer.PNG

As the offer is very tempting I'm going to go through the motions and see what happens. I notice also that a PN Hub One is being offered FoC which at first I de-selected until I noticed the free P&P.

I've never been able to take advantage of any of these type of offers in the past, and although I've never wanted a free ISP router I may as well have it and try and eBay it, so I'm about to press the button!

Here goes ...

And ... disappointment;

20190206_PNoffer2.PNG

Trying again with the free router de-selected gives the same result.

Much as I expected, I can't take advantage of the offer, so why do PN offer it?  Sad

Edit: added Image #1 at top of post. 

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

I'm confused by the button 'Keep this product' . OK you may be on the same product but with a different price to that which you are currently paying, so why is it not 'Choose this product'?

My other car isn't a Ferrari
beeceegee
Pro

It is strange that a simple change to / addition of  a discount seems to be treated as product change.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@beeceegee, I'll reply to your private message in a moment.

@RobPN, could you try again now letting me know how it goes please?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@Gandalf wrote:

@RobPN, could you try again now letting me know how it goes please?

@Gandalf

Just tried again twice (with and without hardware) and I get exactly the same result.

Hobo
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I am also getting the same results when I try to get the discount, I can only assume it is because we are on FTTP.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@Hobo wrote:

... I can only assume it is because we are on FTTP.

@Hobo

That's a reasonable assumption, but IMHO technically it's a misleading offer if it appears on our accounts and we can't take it.