Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest on FTTP?

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Latest on FTTP?

Full list with rollout dates

https://www.openreach.com/content/dam/openreach/openreach-dam-files/documents/Ultrafast_Full_Fibre_B...

So that puts me somewhere in the 2022-2025 windows.

probedb
Rising Star

Thanks for this @Gandalf I'll have a proper look in the new year and see if it's been updated. Not had a response from OR yet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem @probedb let me know how it goes

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
probedb
Rising Star

OR said it's definitely available so I'll give it a couple of months before I start looking properly Smiley 

RRM
Rising Star

Finally the engineers are on our estate sorting the FTTP out. 

They said they will be completed next week and the "light" should be here, so available to order around a week after.

Nothing from PN though. Real shame.

R

dgp
Rising Star

I’ve been doing some digging and found this https://www.btwholesale.com/help-and-support/broadband/broadband-one-legacy-migrations.html. Not sure how it relates to Plusnet’s retail offering, but my guess is they will be linked somehow. It would be good to have an indication of when/if Plusnet will offer FTTP.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@RRM 

Once the physical structure is in place a commissioning team will test all the circuits. Once passed it is put through to whoever sets it up as Available. If a fault is found then this can delay things depending on how long it takes to clear.

Keep an eye on the following. When available "WBC FTTP" will appear in the left hand column and !Available" will show to the right. https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Last news on PlusNet FTTP was by end of January - though which January wasn't specified.

Brian

RRM
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply.

The cables were installed over 6 months ago. This was the final stage of getting all the underground cabling done (blockage). Spoke to the commissioning engineer other other day, once the blockage is sorted. he is going around checking and labelling all of the connections. - He advised once he has done that, I should be able to order FTTP about a week after.

Given that PN cannot confirm anything and so far they have not delivered as expected, not sure if it's worth waiting which is a real shame.

R

RRM
Rising Star

I see nothing on PN website about FTTP yet?

The engineers still haven't completed our estate, they disappeared just after my post and haven't seen them since! He did say he might get pulled on to an 'ultrabuild' nearby!

Not sure what's happening now with our FTTP and there is no where to find out.

R

bmc
Hero

@RRM 

I take the the Checker shown previously is not yet showing anything.

Itt is entirely possible the engineers have been moved and will come back at a later date. It could be the case that another problem has been found. If you look through www.openreach.com you'll find a facility to raise a question. Might be worth asking.

At the speeds things are going PlusNet might launch before you get FTTP!!! If not, you can move to BT or EE FTTP free of any PlusNet early termination charges. You just need to get in contact with the options team.

Brian

RRM
Rising Star

Thanks @bmc 

Already raised the question, got messed around for months, then emailed Clive Shelley and got a response from his offices, they first said end of December 2021 and then revised to end of April 2022, but was hopeful when I saw the engineer on our estate and he said '.... should be finishing this area next week....' 

Why OpenReach or their contractors can't have a website that details progress in each area I don't understand, they have project managers that plan everything, why not make those plans available, would take some of the frustration out of the waiting!

R

probedb
Rising Star

Well mine's an odd one. BT checker days FTTP up to 300Mbps and status is planned. OpenReach checker says up to 1Gbps and when enquiring I can get Full Fibre. BT and EE both say no full fibre. I've given up until the end of my contract later this year. Maybe it'll have resolved itself.
RRM
Rising Star

Crazy, we are all going to end up with Starlink soon! 😁

bmc
Hero

@probedb 

Does it say WBC FTTP in the left hand column of the Checker?

If it says FTTP on Demand this is an entirely different (expensive) beast.

Brian

probedb
Rising Star

Yep, WBC FTTP in the LHS column then Downstream Line Rate of 330Mbps and Upstream Line Rate is 50Mbps, the rest are dashes so nothing for FTTP install process or availability date. Then below the table it has FTTP is in Planned status. An order may be placed which will be processed when the network is ready.