cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large decrease in IP Profile (and presumably sync rate)

JEB
Grafter

Large decrease in IP Profile (and presumably sync rate)

My IP profile has nosedived  Sad
Basically I noticed on Saturday that the line seemed slow so I disconnected / reconnected the router.  I then ran the BT speedtester and this said my line profile was 25,859.  Ever since I had the line connected this has never changed before.  My IP profile used to be a rock sold 38,000 or so.
I tried power cycling the VDSL modem on Saturday and I did another router disconnect / reconnect on Sunday with no change.
Unfortunately given it is impossible to get the stats out of the VDSL modem I am a bit blind as to what the line is doing.  However I would think that a 13,000 reduction in my IP profile shouldn't happen.
Can you tell from your systems what I am currently synced at, or have any suggestions?
[Edit: I see from one of Dave's post that you can run a test which will show the sync rate.  I would be grateful if you could run this test.]

James
1 REPLY 1
JEB
Grafter

Re: Large decrease in IP Profile (and presumably sync rate)

I left the line alone for three days in case it was just a case of the IP profile having to catch up and trying reconnecting the router this morning.
Unfortunately this has made no change and my IP profile is still 25,859.  Can anyone from PlusNet tell what I'm synced at or shall I just report this as a fault?

James