cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Signed up for FTTP

scimitar
Grafter

Re: Just Signed up for FTTP

Some developments. Due to a reschedule of their work load an OR engineer arrived today and completed the installation of fibre cable to the house and fitting of the ONT. Please note the 2 appointments for 30 Oct and 5 November can now be cancelled.

Unfortunately there is a problem with the fibre path from the Splitter Box to the Distribution point. Basically the light is going down the wrong cable. The OR engineer has passed this to another team in OR and it will take up to 4 days to sort it out i.e. linking the ONT to the right splitter and therefore my distribution point that serves me.

Most of the FTTP installs in the village have had this problem. I will have to wait until this is resolved before the FTTP service functions.

I would be grateful if Plusnet Staff could monitor this and let me know updates. I am told there is no need to have an engineer visit and the PON light on the ONT and the Plusnet router will flash into life when the fibre path is sorted by OR.

Nearly there.

Regards

Roger

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @scimitar

Thank you for keeping us up to date. I have contacted our suppliers to look into your order.

I have updated your ticket with the latest relevant details, you can view this by Clicking Here

Should you need any further assistance, feel free to ask.

scimitar
Grafter

To clarify,  there is a problem with the fibre path from the Splitter Box to the Distribution point. Basically the light is going down the wrong cable. The OR engineer has passed this to another team in OR ( I think a tail end team was mentioned) and it will take up to 4 days to sort it out i.e. linking the ONT to the right splitter and therefore my distribution point that serves me.

Could PN Staff please find out exactly what is going on and an update please. The external and internal work has been completed and no engineer visit is necessary . ie on 5 November. I have put this on the ticket as well.

Regards

Roger

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @scimitar

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can see my colleague has just replied to you on the ticket here

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

scimitar
Grafter

Thank you. The 5 Nov appointment still stands and an update will be given in 5 days. I have put this on the ticket.

Thank you for all your help

Regards

RC

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @scimitar 

It was me that updated the ticket this morning. 

I''ll check for the update as stated.

All the best, 

MoR

scimitar
Grafter

I am expecting an update today about my FTTP order. I understand that because the fibre had to be re-routed the original order has been closed and a new order initiated. The new order number 3-81315644600.

Could a Plusnet Help team member please chase the update. The last information I had was that an OR appointment will happen on Monday 5th Nov and the FTP activated. Please confirm. Thank you.

For information: All the external work is done and the ONT has been installed internally in my property. The PON light is flashing.

Kind Regards

RC

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @scimitar

Thank you for contacting us. I have updated your ticket in response to your query, you can view this by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to ask.

scimitar
Grafter

I am pleased to report that my FTTP order went live at 5pm yesterday and all is working well. I wish to thank all the community who have commented and given helpful advice and also thank the Plusnet Help Team who have been very efficient in giving updates in the process. It has been worth the long wait. Thank you all.

Kind Regards

RC

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@scimitar

Congratulations and welcome to the new age of communications. Thumbs_Up

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @scimitar

I'm really pleased to see that you are finally up and running on your FTTP connection and thank you for the feedback for the team here on the Community.

I will pass this on.

As always, lets us know if you need any help with anything else.