cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Signed up for FTTP

scimitar
Grafter

Just Signed up for FTTP

I would be grateful if the Plusnet team would keep an eye open for the ticket number #178327433. I have just signed up for the trial.

Thank you

Roger Collins

40 REPLIES 40
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Just Signed up for FTTP

@scimitar

A PlusNet FTTP trained member of staff will pick up eventually but it may be into next week as I don't believe the OR FTTP ordering team work weekends.

Keep an eye on your ticket and answer any questions asked.

If you're planning on cancelling your phone line once your FTTP  is up and running do so through this forum.

Brian

scimitar
Grafter

Thank you Brian for your help.

The ticket has been picked up by PN quote "I've placed your FTTP order and provisionally booked the installation appointment for 17/07/18 between 8AM and 1PM. " The ticket says that the appointment will be confirmed.

Order reference:3-659784180279

Roger

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Roger.

I've checked your order and from what I can see it's still going through the wholesale systems.

We'll let you know when we have an update.

[edit]

Edited post to leave a response that isn't just "Hi Roger." Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero

@scimitar

If the appointment is acceptable reply to PlusNet as such. Note that if you're the second job on the day for the OR engineer it could well be later rather than earlier.

Brian

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@scimitar

If the appointment is acceptable reply to PlusNet as such.

It looks like there's been a further response since then.

If the appointment is fine, you don't actually need to do anything, it's booked in.

If you need to change it, please let us know at your earliest convenience by responding to the ticket on your account and giving us a nudge here.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
scimitar
Grafter

OR engineers arrived this morning and are going to request a survey is undertaken. My copper line is in a duct from a Distribution Pole and goes under a stream and OR are not sure if the remainder of the run, about 40 meters to my house is ducted. They suggest an alternative ducted route in for the fibre cable but only a survey can determine that. Grateful if PN could keep a watch on developments and let me know when a survey can be undertaken. Thank you.

I assume that, not withstanding the FTTP trial ending in a few weeks, that my order will remain active.

Regards
Roger Collins

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @scimitar 

Your order should proceed as normal, the only thing that changes when the Trail ends is that we will no longer be accepting new orders / provisions on FTTP. Any orders which were placed prior to this should progress as normal. 

I have just checked the order notes on our supplier's side and they have yet to be updated - once this has happened, one of our Provisioning agents will be able to view this and make you aware of new information / updates. 

Thanks 

scimitar
Grafter

Thank you. This is a really helpful forum.

Regards

Roger

scimitar
Grafter

OR engineer from planning arrived on site today to do survey. The plan is to lay a duct in soft ground (a pathway) about 30 metres up to my property. He said that they would be in touch next week.

I signed all the necessary paperwork for "permission to carry out work on a private property".

I presume that once this duct is in place and the fibre cable laid the ONT will be fitted internally.

Regards

Roger

scimitar
Grafter

OR engineer from planning arrived on site today to do survey. The plan is to lay a duct in soft ground (a pathway) about 30 metres up to my property. He said that they would be in touch next week.

I signed all the necessary paperwork for "permission to carry out work on a private property".

Who will cover the costs of this work? It is a question I should have asked before? If the costs are excessive and expected to be borne by me then I will have to cancel.

Please advise

Regards

Roger

bmc
Hero

@scimitar

I suspect you'll have at least two more visits from OpenReach. One team to do the external ground works (who may or may not leave a fibre cable in situ) and one to do the actual install.

If there are costs involved these would have to be agreed with you in advance of any work. I believe (though I could be wrong) that OR absorb the first £1000.

Brian

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @scimitar,

If extensive work is required, Openreach will contact you and ourselves directly with any potential charges.

At this point you can then decide if you would like to proceed with the work and are happy with the invoiced amount.

If you have any further queries please let us know as we are more than happy to help!

Thanks.

- Ollie

scimitar
Grafter

Can a Plusnet team member help please. Have not heard anymore about my FTTP order.  However, the next door neighbour has received a £120 cheque for signing the wayleave form!

The biggest problem is that the BT dsl checker is no longer showing that I can get FTTP (Only FTTP on demand shows).

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Roger 

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi Roger

Thanks for getting in touch.

I have just contacted our suppliers regarding your order and confirmed with them that wayleave access has been granted to progress with the external works. There planning team have advised of the detailed breakdown of work required and expected timeline to do this.

I have sent you a ticket through your account with more information on, to view it just click on the link below.

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=178327433

I hope this information helps and let us know if you have any more questions.