Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining the trial

FIXED
Teece
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Joining the trial

Thanks @BasilBrush - so if I understand correctly, the engineer didn't do the first stage because no-one was in?  Being in wouldn't have been an issue if we had been told when he would be calling, but we weren't informed.

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Wish they had let you know Chris. I'll get some definitive dates on Monday for you once their system updates with them.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
Teece
Rising Star

Thanks, Mark.

Teece
Rising Star

Hi Mark,

Any word on a new date?

@BasilBrush

Thanks,

Chris

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reminder, I appreciate it. Spoken to the helpdesk and they have confirmed the records are being updated as we speak with the new dates; just that's taking a bit of time to upload. I'll keep looking for changes and advise as soon as I can. Will update your FTTP trial ticket for the same. Hopefully things aren't too long away.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
Don4418
Dabbler

Hi Mark, have you heard any more from OR? The installation date was originally set (provisionally) for the 23rd - I'm wondering if I should make sure I'm at home on Thursday or if it's definitely not going to happen then! Thanks, Don
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Don4418, @Teece

I've updated your FTTP tickets for you and will have more details in the next 48 working hours. They're still working on your respective orders guys.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
Don4418
Dabbler

Hi Mark, I've had a couple of OR engineers arrive here this afternoon, they've been running fibre tubing via another pole up to the house. They've been drafted up to Anglesey from South Wales. They are coming back first thing in the morning to complete the installation of the CSP. Looking hopeful!
Don4418
Dabbler

Hi Mark. OR have installed the CSP and it has a satisfactory signal. It didn't work to start with but they found a misplaced fibre about a mile away and fixed that. They called their controller and were told that the second step of the installation was still booked for tomorrow and they would try their best to make that happen. By the way, the 2 guys from OR were great - really friendly and helpful - they explained everything they were doing, which was really interesting.
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again @Don4418 and @Teece.

I've spoken to OR's FTTP helpdesk and updated your tickets. These contain fresh information which has only been updated a few minutes ago; hot off the press as they say. Will continue to update but things are moving along in the right direction for you both.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
Teece
Rising Star

Thanks Mark - I have just updated my ticket with some availability issues for the proposed date for stage 2.

Don4418
Dabbler

Hi Mark. I had a couple of engineers arrive yesterday (Thursday). They came to do a speed test at the CSP. They were only here about 5 minutes, they said the test was fine. I haven't heard anything from OR yet about the internal installation - I'm pretty sure there is nothing else they need to do, as they say they they have tested up to the CSP. Can you find out anything please? Cheers, Don
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Don/Chris,

I've added some updates on the tickets this afternoon. Just for information though, I'm out of the office on 6 March and between 13-18 March too as using last bits of annual leave.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
tommyhd

How do i join I have tried the trial page but none of the ticket forms are working would love to be part of this trial and continue long term with plusnet

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I've checked your line and FTTP isn't available for you I'm afraid.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button