Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Not Working :(

bighippo999
Grafter

It's Not Working :(

Hey guys,
Having a problem this morning, for some reason I got disconnected at 00:10 this morning. Automatically reconnected but I've got a weird IP 172.16.116.32. I've tried resetting several times but I'm not getting my normal IP just this internal one. I had a similar IP the other week when there was a BT outage and read on the service update not to reboot the router (unfortunately I read that advice after I had to unplug it).
I'll reboot it every few hours in the hope it just works again, but just wondered if anyone else has had any probs?
Cheers,
Jodi.
6 REPLIES 6
puffin
Grafter

Re: It's Not Working :(

Yes, it's good old BT maintenance knocking everyone off onto the 172.16 range with no warning or explanation.
Mine was down from midnight until 6am which is pretty unacceptable in my opinion.  Not that there's anything we can do about it though Sad
TonyC
Grafter

Yep, mine went down and got a 172.16* IP - CS said it was planned BT maintenence, but that BT hadn't told anyone about the plan
bighippo999
Grafter

Thanks Guys,
Just nice to know it's not just me.
bluewhale
Rising Star

anyone from plusnet like to comment on this?
i know this is a trial, but bt are advertising this as a real service on TV now and i assume we're on the same network on their side
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

This link may shed some light...
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Quick heads up, it's going to happen again on Friday morning as BT are doing some more maintenance, again could be a 6 hour outage if you get disconnected at the start of the window. Bob's going to post an update to status before it happens tomorrow.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology