cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is trial still open?

AL78
Hooked

Is trial still open?

I'm a current out of contract BT Infinity FTTP customer. Is the Plusnet trial still open? How would I join?

All ISPs expect Zen are only offering poor speed ADSL but I'm currently on Fibre.

10 REPLIES 10
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Is trial still open?

The trial is still open but to sign up for it I believe you'd need to sign up for ADSL first then register for the trial after you've signed up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Sorry to hog your post guys but @MatthewWheeler will FTTP ever leave trial and become a normal package to choose from ? Wink

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@AL78

Welcome to the forums.

This thread is all about someone moving from BT FTTP to Plusnet;s FTTP Trial so it may be of interest to you.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-To-The-Premises-trial/Another-BT-FTTP-to-Plusnet-FTTP-trial-swit...

Please note that Plusnet only offer 2 speeds for FTTP, 40Mbps down/2Mbps up or 80Mbps down/20Mbps up.

There is a complete list of all FTTP providers at

Openreach Ultrafast fibre suppliers

edit: add more info

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@St3 wrote:

Sorry to hog your post guys but @MatthewWheeler will FTTP ever leave trial and become a normal package to choose from ? Wink

As far as I'm aware we've no plans.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AL78
Hooked

@SpendLessTime

Thanks for the link. Full of great info. I'm in the same situation as rcskumar. My voice is over fibre too

Please check my understanding. To get Plusnet FTTP I would need to join as ADSL customer and pay for new line install. Once ADSL active I could then request to join trial. There would be no need for engineer for FTTP as I already have ONT. This would then cancel the ADSL. What happens to the ADSL phone number? Can I migrate the phone number currently on my fibre line? Having voice over fibre isn't an issue but keeping the number is a factor.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

We won't be able to provide a voice service over the fibre line. Just a heads up, if you're not wanting to pay line rental, I'd advise creating your account under one of the no contract offers otherwise you'll be subject to early termination fees if you choose to cease the copper line once the FTTP service is provided.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AL78
Hooked

Would I be able to migrate fibre number to copper line once active and before signing up to trial? Or should I look into moving it to a VOIP service that could then use the FTTP once it is transferred.
SpendLessTime
Hero

@AL78

As @Gandalf says pick the non contract ADSL option on signup if you want to move to VOIP and cease the copper line as soon as the FTTP is running from Plusnet.

An alternative re the FVA number would be to transfer directly to a VOIP provider and not move it to Plusnet at all. Most providers will charge a few pound a month to take the number on for you.

( When I ceased my copper line I wanted to be rid of my landline number and went for a free local number from Sipgare Basic which means I now get zero cold calls) Smiley

and judging from others moving from BT to Plusnet, you could wait until your Plusnet FTTP is live before sorting out BT as the ONT seems to support multiple providers at the same time. Although that would mean paying for 2 FTTP bills for a month or so.  Note I have only been on this trial so only going by what others have posted re multiple providers on one ONT.

AL78
Hooked

Every question I ask and is answered then seems to spawn another.

If I join Plusnet on a no contract basis would I then have to start a 12/18mth contract when joining FTTP trial

SpendLessTime
Hero

@AL78

The trial is one month notice either way (Plusnet or you). Hence the advice to get ADSL and phone line on  non contractual basis so you are not locked in. If you signed up to a contract then you have to abide with those terms even when on the trial.