cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth upgrading the standard modem/router supplied with a Fibre installati

Chris1
Grafter

Is it worth upgrading the standard modem/router supplied with a Fibre installati

Do the "Free" modem and router supplied with a fibre installation give a good coverage. We have a large house and the router/modem will be sited quite a way from some parts.
My present LinksysWAG160N  ADSL router seems to cope ok on the present connection.
2 REPLIES 2
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Is it worth upgrading the standard modem/router supplied with a Fibre installati

I'd give the Technicolor router a try and see how the what the wifi coverage is like in your house before buying another router.
You could probably even set your Linksys router as an access point (plugged into your fibre router) and keep using that for wireless coverage.
smfourmy
Hooked

Re: Is it worth upgrading the standard modem/router supplied with a Fibre installati

I would try the supplied router but I and lots of other people cannot get anywhere the speeds quoted wirelessly one room away.
Via ethernet I can achieve 77mps but wirelessly 20mps.
If you search the forums you will see a lot of people complaining about the quailty of the supplied router.