cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a FTTP (trial) negotiated discount still possible?

FIXED
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: Is a FTTP (trial) negotiated discount still possible?

@ukguy1 

This board and the FTTP trial appear to have been around since at least as far back as 2010.

ICBW but I think at first it may have been more selective in how people were admitted to the trial, but later on (certainly by 2013) it was generally open to anybody who had FTTP infrastructure at their location.

Just a case of spotting it I guess.

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Yes perhaps the issue is it was more talked about in 2010-2013 but for those who got the cables from around 2015 onwards they didn't know. We just sat here wondering when they'd be put to use.

By the time we heard about the trial they wouldn't allow us to join.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gandalf

Point of consideration - we don’t do broadband only packages any more - is something of a red herring here. FTTP does not come with / need a phone line service. Sounds as though the business is trying to apply a not relevant (logical) constraint on the commercial practices.

FTTP by its very nature is broadband only. Indeed the delivery of it without a bundled replacement voice service is very much a bone of contention in the discussions elsewhere about the forth coming demise of the copper network.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Townman wrote:
Point of consideration - we don’t do broadband only packages any more - is something of a red herring here. FTTP does not come with / need a phone line service. Sounds as though the business is trying to apply a not relevant (logical) constraint on the commercial practices.

We have terms of the trial which explained how much the service would cost when someone signed up to it. 

Appreciate since then that times have changed however our trial is closed and we haven’t got a full product yet. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet