Did you mean: 

Intermittent service drops on FTTP Trial

hmarshy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Intermittent service drops on FTTP Trial

Hello @Gandalf 

Your logic is acceptable and thanks very much for booking the engineer. 😎

One of my neighbours has had a new BT Hub and the other one has had a new ONT installed but neither of these equipment changes solved which what we think is a network issue.

Regards

Howard

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Cool, no problem. Fingers crossed the engineer can get to the bottom of the problem.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hmarshy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hello @Gandalf 

The BT engineer was visiting one of my neighbours this morning so he popped round to my house to see if I was available, so I let him in and he checked the optical signal at my end which is excellent.

He said the issue was caused by a circuit overheating at the exchange. When it overheated it shutdown and then when it had cooled down enough it restarted, I suppose, it sort of explains the repetitive service drops always happening at the same time.

Anyway the circuit has been replaced and he said I should allow 36 hours while they carry out tests and monitor the performance.

Thanks for your help.
Howard

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Howard thanks for the post back. Glad to see that the engineer's efforts identified the problem and looks to have fixed it. Thumbs_UpNo problem at all, let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet