Did you mean: 

Intermittent service drops on FTTP Trial

Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Intermittent service drops on FTTP Trial

Hello @Gandalf 

Your logic is acceptable and thanks very much for booking the engineer. 😎

One of my neighbours has had a new BT Hub and the other one has had a new ONT installed but neither of these equipment changes solved which what we think is a network issue.

Regards

Howard

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 905

Cool, no problem. Fingers crossed the engineer can get to the bottom of the problem.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hello @Gandalf 

The BT engineer was visiting one of my neighbours this morning so he popped round to my house to see if I was available, so I let him in and he checked the optical signal at my end which is excellent.

He said the issue was caused by a circuit overheating at the exchange. When it overheated it shutdown and then when it had cooled down enough it restarted, I suppose, it sort of explains the repetitive service drops always happening at the same time.

Anyway the circuit has been replaced and he said I should allow 36 hours while they carry out tests and monitor the performance.

Thanks for your help.
Howard

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 905

Hi Howard thanks for the post back. Glad to see that the engineer's efforts identified the problem and looks to have fixed it. Thumbs_UpNo problem at all, let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team