Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know if FTTP is possible ?

stallan
Grafter

How do I know if FTTP is possible ?

Putting in my phone number gives me the following
"Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 6.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 5.5Mbps and 8Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 13Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 7.5Mbps and 17.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 8Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 7Mbps and 9Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 34.2Mbps and upstream line speed of 7.5Mbps.
The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.
Thank you for your interest."
How can I get on the FTTP trial ??  Exchange is "LEIGH ON SEA "
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: How do I know if FTTP is possible ?

According to http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/EALGH FTTC is set to go live on 1st March 2011 and until it does and your local cab is installed you can't
stallan
Grafter

so even then will FTTP be an option or is it just FTTC ?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

just FTTC
stallan
Grafter

Thanks
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

From the original post it looks like FTTC is available now - wouldn't be the first time the date on SamKnows was wrong.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)