Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move During Contract

FIXED
JL86
Dabbler

House Move During Contract

Hi there,

I think I know the answer on this but i just wanted to confirm. I'm moving (should be!) houses in the next couple months,(still need to firm up the date). I am half way through a 2 year FTTC contract. Where i'm moving to has ADSL and FTTP (not FTTP OD). To get on the FTTP i presume i will have to talk to plusnet CS and complete a normal house move that downgrades me to standard ADSL (2mb!) and once that is complete then i apply to join the FTTP. Can you confirm this is the best route before i go ahead please.

16 REPLIES 16
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: House Move During Contract

Yes that would be the sequence of events required.

The house move team would be able to tell you the costs involved in having to downgrade to ADSL with a house move. 

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@JL86

I could be wrong but I think you might be able to skip the downgrade to ADSL, as the requirement for being a PN customer before joining the FTTP trial is met by you already being a customer by way of your VDSL account.

EDIT:  Probably one of the helpful PN 'FTTP' staffers will be able to confirm either way what I said above.

JL86
Dabbler

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info so far. That would be great if i didnt have to downgrade and could get the whole thing moving to FTTP faster! Will wait for a staffer!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @JL86

@JL86 wrote:
To get on the FTTP i presume i will have to talk to plusnet CS House Move team and complete a normal house move that downgrades me to standard ADSL (2mb!) and once that is complete then i apply to join the FTTP. Can you confirm this is the best route before i go ahead please.

This is correct.

Although having said this if there is an existing ONT in the property already you shouldn't be waiting long for the FTTP to activate and I may be able to put you straight on to FTTP, but you'd still need to discuss the house move with our house move team to arrange the actual move.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JL86
Dabbler

Thanks for the clarification HarryB. I will have a talk to the sellers and see if they have an existing ONT and get in touch with the house move team.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@JL86 wrote:

I will have a talk to the sellers and see if they have an existing ONT

Feel free to drop me a PM with the full address and postcode and I may be able to check that on the ordering system.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JL86
Dabbler

Hi Harry,

That would be great. Just pm'd you.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Harry's left work for the day now, but I may be able to help.

Feel free to drop me a private message with your full address/post code.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JL86
Dabbler

Thanks, have just sent it.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your PM.

I've just had a look into this, and honestly I'm unsure how we would check.

I'll leave this in Harry's hands, he should get back to you tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers @JL86

It looks like good news as there does appear to be an existing ONT at the address you've sent me.

This means that theoretically, we could have you on FTTP within 1 working day Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JL86
Dabbler

Hi Harry, Thanks for checking that and thats good news! In that case it will still be the same, arrange a house move with a downgrade to ADSL line (signing up to a new contract as mid way through current) and then apply for the trial once the move is completed?

Thanks for all your help!

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@HarryB said that if there is an existing ONT at the house then he may be able to get you directly onto FTTP, this would be a much more satisfactory and quicker route than getting an ADSL service that you don't want and will cancel. Hope it can be sorted out for you.

JL86
Dabbler

Hi RealAleMadrid,

Yep saw that thanks, more just a question on logistics. Just wanted to check what i would be asking the house move team (as in i just ask them to move to an ADSL line and then you guys edit the order, or would they be aware of the FTTP and i just ask them for that).

Thanks