Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot stuff...

UKenGB
Grafter

Hot stuff...

...or not, that is the question. Well, this is:-
How warm/hot do the ONT and the BBU get when in use?
I want to fix them on a wall, behind a curtain and so out of sight. But will there be a heat problem? The curtain hangs several inches from the wall, so I don't think would actually touch either box and being high up, upwards ventilation will be unaffected by the curtain.
Anyone think this would be a problem?
3 REPLIES 3
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Hot stuff...

Also monitoring this thread, as someone who provisions a lot of FTTP but doesn't have it himself. I'm like a bartender that doesn't drink  Sad
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

My ONT and BBU are covered by ceiling to floor curtains at night and I've not had any heat issues.
The living room radiator is a foot away from the ONT too (mounted on the same wall) and BTU inches away. During the day, the curtains are fixed back to get free air movement.  The power adaptor for the BBU/ONT is never covered though and is 2 foot further away from the heat source.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
UKenGB
Grafter

Quote from: georgelnx
My ONT and BBU are covered by ceiling to floor curtains at night and I've not had any heat issues.
The living room radiator is a foot away from the ONT too (mounted on the same wall) and BTU inches away. During the day, the curtains are fixed back to get free air movement.  The power adaptor for the BBU/ONT is never covered though and is 2 foot further away from the heat source.

Thank you again for your information.