cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the trial ended?

gavcuk
Grafter

Has the trial ended?

After my installation yesterday neighbours are keen to get on board.

One has already phoned up this morning. She is an existing PlusNet customer but has been told the trial is no more. Is this really the case or do some people just not know how to deal with that enquiry?
5 REPLIES 5
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Has the trial ended?

Because it's a Trial it's not been integrated into PlusNet back office systems. Hence if you speak to a customer advisor they'll likely know little if anything about it.

Very few staff have been trained up on it and the only real support is through this forum.

If your neighbour wants FTTP she'll need to login to her PlusNet Members page and submit a Support question at

https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20

Brian

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

That's certainly not the case as far as I'm aware.

If she wants to sign up she'll need to do it by going here as it can't be done over the phone.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Sadwrn
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Would you mind telling us how the cost of FTTP with Plusnet compares with what BT would charge? Thanks.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

The PlusNet FTTP packages are based of their FTTC products - same price and speeds. It should be noted they are for PlusNet customers only.

The bonus is you can, if so desired, cancel your phone line after you're up and running. There is a surcharge of £2.50 a month for no line but it  works out at £17.49 a month for an up to 38 service.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

The PlusNet FTTP packages are based of their FTTC products - same price and speeds.

This is partly correct. The costs are based on the FTTC products without any discounts.

So for Unlimited Fibre Extra it's £19.99, or Unlimited Fibre it's £14.99.

Add line rental of £18.99 on to that. However as Brian has advised, once the FTTP is up and running you can choose to drop the line rental and pay £2.50 more to the fibre package, though you may need to pay off the phone side of the contract.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet