cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone come across this problem?

Pogdin
Dabbler

Has anyone come across this problem?

Dunno if this is anything to do with the trial or not, but its only happened since i have been on it..............

It has happened a few times now, that my connection seems to drop ( kind of )
I cant access any websites apart from the plusnet ones........
Every time i try and access something else i get a BT Wholesale website........

SERVICE INFORMATION

You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your browser and Internet applications before attempting to reconnect.
•The BTWholesale access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down.
Your service should be resumed soon.
Or
•You are testing your local connection to BT using
‘bt_test_user@startup_domain’
Or
•You are testing your connection to your Service Provider using ‘bt_test_user@domain’ where domain is your Service Provider domain name.
Or
•Your Service Provider is currently unable to accept your connection request please wait until service is restored or contact your Service Provider for further information.
Or
•You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain.
8 REPLIES 8
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: Has anyone come across this problem?

Hi,
I've seen people getting that page before and there's been a few reason for it. The most common is that you've been disconnected and try and browse before you reconnect. Can I check a few things though as it may help determine where the problem is?
When was the last time it happened? According to our connection logs your current session has been going for One Day, 23:36:34 so if it's happened tonight then it can't be that the connection drops.
What do you do to resolve the problem? Do you reboot PC/Router/modem? Or does it just go away after a period of time?
What do you have your DNS servers set to?
If it happened today then if you've got the DNS servers set to server assigned then I'd suggest trying to specify them as 212.159.6.9 and 212.159.6.10 and see if that makes a difference.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Pogdin
Dabbler

It has happened twice tonight.... once when i wrote the first post and again about 1 hour later.
The problem goes away after a while.... dunno how long, never took much notice.
I have assigned the DNS servers now ( was set to server assigned ) fingers crossed Smiley

Thanks for the help.

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Let me know if it happens again, the DNS server change with this type of problem was something we saw several years ago but I've not seen any for a long time so may or may not fix it.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Danplusnet
Grafter

I have had this a fair few times since moving over to FTTC - admittedley not seen it for a while. Usually it rights itself after a short period of time. I had assumed it was BT doing something as I had a fault open at the time.
JasonE
Grafter

I had this on my browser for 3 days after BT took my service away from PN  Sad
intertree
Grafter

I've also been having this problem over the past week. It's been quite frustrating.
Finally got round to checking the forum for a solution today.
Thanks for the DNS server addresses, I've updated router settings now and fingers crossed won't see the BT Wholesale message again.  Smiley
More recently my speeds have been hovering around 20 mbps on speedtests, don't know if anything is going on with profiles again or not but I'm pretty happy with 20 mbps anyway as I came from 3.
As I haven't checked in to the forum in some time, let me know if you'd like me to participate anything more and I'll do what I can.
Picnic
Grafter

I've been getting this problem today, appears like a DNS issue as some pages still work while new ones fail with this error.
Just checked the router (Netgear as supplied for FTTC) and it reports the DNS servers as the same IP as suggested earlier in this thread. In the time it took me to do a nslookup and get the reply (which worked) the website now appears fine  Undecided
Pogdin
Dabbler

Dunno if it was just a flike or not, but i aint had a problem since assigning the DNS servers...... touch wood.

Might be worth trying if it does it again.