cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gray BT Openreach box ?

stormshadow
Grafter

Gray BT Openreach box ?

I've been on the good old FTPP for a while and recently moved house and luckily was able to get fibre in my new place also. I noticed today that BT openreach and done the external work but the box on the house is gray now - not the original white colour - any ideas on why the change in colour ? Not that I'm bothered by it either way  Crazy
7 REPLIES 7
barnyandpippa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Gray BT Openreach box ?

They have a range of colours (white, grey and brown) so as to make the boxes unobtrusive.
When I went on the trial in my old house, they only had white, which looked ugly. This time I have a brown one to match the brickwork. I also have brown cable whereas my old one was black.
tomxlisa
Grafter

How long did it take for Plusnet to get you on the trial, i have a ticket open which they haven't even looked at yet and its been 2 days?.
barnyandpippa
Rising Star

I opened my ticket on 7th August and installation was completed on Monday this week. I think I'm still constrained to my old ADSL speed so I reckon 4 months from start to finish. Much of that time wasted due to nobody reading tickets and me not having hours to waste waiting to speak to the call centre.
I have a feeling they've stopped taking on new trial subscribers. Probably good news because you might find someone who offers both the product and decent customer service.
tomxlisa
Grafter

4 months to get it installed that is pretty crazy, i was thinking more 4 weeks and it should be installed or is this the usual time it takes to get FTTP installed, i think they have opened the trials again which is why i entered it, the only other ISP to offer FTTP is BT and i have heard the customer service from them is quite bad so didn't want to go there.
cajef
Grafter

I have been on the FTTP trial for eighteen months, it took three weeks from ordering to up and running which included two Openreach visits one to do the external work and the second to connect up and complete the installation.
tomxlisa
Grafter

That sounds more like it, i have been in contact with Plusnet and my ticket hasn't even been looked at yet so dunno when i am gonna get it installed was hoping before xmas, if the trial finishes then do they kick you back off the trial, i am not sure why Plusnet are doing trials when the technology is out and BT do it as a full product, not sure why Plusnet cant and they just do FTTC.
barnyandpippa
Rising Star

The PN FTTP product is great and the fibre trials team are good but they seem to be overwhelmed with tickets taking ages to answer.
The big problem is that the rest of the PN support is pants. Billing is poor, call centre is understaffed, adverts can be deliberately misleading. I'd suggest going with BT even if it costs more - in this case "cheap" has too many negative connotations to be worth saving a few quid.
Installation times appear to be dictated by BTOR, but PN are very poor at managing them as a supplier and seem to let the tail wag the dog most of the time, especially if things go wrong.