Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gosforth Newcastle upon Tyne FTTH G.FAST

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Gosforth Newcastle upon Tyne FTTH G.FAST

Hi all
Would Plusnet be able to offer the following trial mentioned in the link?
http://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Announcements-Guidelines/Next-Generation-Fibre-Trial-in-Gosforth-...
Seeing it's being set out by BT Openreach and I live not too far away from Gosforth - may be worth a shot to see if I'm eligible.
Thanks
NE  Smiley
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
6 REPLIES 6
DamBuilder
Grafter

Re: Gosforth Newcastle upon Tyne FTTH G.FAST

Not sure about PlusNet but for the TalkTalk trial you need to agree to leaving your front door open 24/7 
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Haha  Cheesy Grin
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
jim1985
Grafter

This just looks to be an FTTP service / trial, nothing really 'next gen' about it.
Plus net already offer this service, albeit with a maximum offering of 80 / 20 speeds.

It would be nice to see Plus net offer faster speeds on their FTTP trial, especially given that they have done so in the past. But then I suppose 80 / 20 is plenty fast enough for the majority of us Smiley

**EDIT
I've just read the FAQ and it is actually different to FTTP. Apologies for my ignorance Smiley
AndyH
Grafter

Very few people want/need anything above 80/20 at the moment. The vast majority of people with access to FTTP either take 80/20 or 40/10.
AndyH
Grafter

@ NorthEasterner - Which exchange are you on?
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I'm on Wideopen. It's north of Gosforth.
NE