All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: Full fibre FTTP from PN?

.Post deleted

mikeshaw
Grafter

agedgopher you said

"From reading elsewhere the monthly charge for Fibre on demand appears to be between £120 and £250. Add to that build costs of up to £30,000 makes it a very expensive service indeed."

If that were true even business would not take it up as they need to make a profit and small businesses can't waste that.

I believe BT are charging £9.99 as an Upfront Fee for moving to what they call Full Fibre. They have 3 products :-

Full Fibre 100 @ 145Mbps for £47.99/month
Full Fibre 500 @ 500Mbps for £57.99/month
Full Fibre 1000 @ 900Mbps for £67.99/month

They are offering a discount of £8.00/month for the first 24 months. As far as I can tell, it doesn't include line rental, but that price is within the range of residential customers who currently pay £20+/month now for a much slower service.

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

@mikeshaw 

Thank you for the info. I had read up on charges as posted by Amvia on google and when I saw conflicting information on the BT site I did delete my post regarding the up to £30k build cost. The Amvia information was from 2018. Things thankfully have changed.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@mikeshaw 

My understanding of the OR system is that the "handback threashold" should take into account line conditions and then give the minimum speed expected. If this is so, then you should be able to raise a fault to have OR check as you are below this speed..

Login to your PlusNet account and then go to the Help pages. Look for the Broadband Troubleshooting page and follow the instructions there.

Brian

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@mikeshaw You have quoted BT retail prices for native WBC FTTP which is not available to you. This is available if Openreach have installed the FTTP network in your area. The checker results show FTTP on demand which is as @agedgopher has said is extremely expensive because you are paying openreach to install the required infrastructure to bring the fibre connection to your premises. The price will depend on distance to a suitable fibre aggregation node on the network. This may or may not be near the existing FTTC cabinet. The lowest prices I have seen are around £3000 and can be a lot higher.  10K - 20K is quite common. Also very few ISPs will supply FTTPoD and are expensive 300Mbps for £120  a month - see this link 

https://www.cerberusnetworks.co.uk/connectivity-broadband/fttp-demand# 

So this is beyond the budget of most residential customers but you can get if you are prepared to pay the money. 😮

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

@mikeshaw wrote:

agedgopher you said......

I believe BT are charging £9.99 as an Upfront Fee for moving to what they call Full Fibre. They have 3 products :-

Full Fibre 100 @ 145Mbps for £47.99/month
Full Fibre 500 @ 500Mbps for £57.99/month
Full Fibre 1000 @ 900Mbps for £67.99/month

They are offering a discount of £8.00/month for the first 24 months. As far as I can tell, it doesn't include line rental, but that price is within the range of residential customers who currently pay £20+/month now for a much slower service.

@mikeshaw  First, can I ask for clarification on the BT offer of FFTTP? In their pricing with line rental included or is that extra and if so at what cost?

Also, this seems to be their current offer (in my area) 😀Screenshot 2020-08-04 at 5.45.37 PM.png

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3