Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fttp is showing as available.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Fttp is showing as available.

If its showing FTTP on demand you won't get it from PlusNet, they don't offer it and very few ISP's will supply it because of the huge costs and possible long installation process (Can take months)

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @keyholder

@keyholder wrote:
@brownie

It does.

I'm afraid it doesnt.

It's FTTPoD that's available in your area:

KeyHolder FTTP.PNG

For the type of FTTP that we provide on the trial, it would need to show something like this:

FTTP DSLChecker.PNG

While I appreciate this isn't the response you're hoping for, I hope this clears things up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
keyholder
Grafter

@ harry.

Ahhh I see.. cheers for that.. clears things up.. dunno why btw just don't say it's available or not with a yes or no along side the fttpod option.. but this is bt we are talking about.

Cheers again harry.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@keyholder wrote:
dunno why btw just don't say it's available or not with a yes or no along side the fttpod option

FTTPoD is available, however as bmc said previously in this thread:

@bmc wrote:
FTTP on Demand is not offered by PlusNet. Even if it was, it's an extremely expensive product which is more suited for business.

Years ago when we did offer FTTPoD as part of the trial on a case by case basis, some of the quotes we got for excess construction were in the 10's of Thousands of pounds.

The monthly cost is also considerably more than standard WBC FTTP

@RealAleMadrid wrote:
around £300 a month on a 3 year contract

On the bright side, your FTTC speed estimates don't seem too bad at 58.2Mbps - 77.1Mbps download and 16.5Mbps - 20Mbps upload Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet